AA1 Bios Problem Caused by System Hibernation

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by nchntr, Oct 11, 2008.

1. nchntr

nchntr

I have read that some people have problems with a dead AA1. Power light stays on, status lights flash when button is pressed, the fan runs..but nothing else.

Many people associate this with a deep sleep or hibernation problem. I have upgraded my AA1 to Windows Vista Home Premium SP1, I have my power button set to hibernate. I am able to Hibernate and Wake with NO Issues. However, last nite I left the AA1 running and on Battery. I have the power management settings to Hibernate the computer at 5% battery level. This morning I awoke, turned it on, plugged it in (before it was finished loading windows) everything worked fine. When I rebooted, it was dead. Thus one can presume my problem was caused by Windows Power Management initiating the hibernation, hope this helps other identify and avoid the problem. I will be changing my system to standby @ 10%, hope this avoids the problem.

I fixed the problem by placing the Acer Flash update (from their website) contents (3.304) on USB drive, I also copied (same location) and renamed it ZG5IA32.fd and used the FN+ESC startup procedure (power light flashes, press once, let flash and wait unti it restarts took about 2 mins) as many others had success with. I did not feel comfortable using the 3.305 listed in the tutorial i found, as i could not verify this was an ACER released bios and not a modified one.

OPS: I know alot of the information in this post is in many other threads, however I have not seen anyone who has yet identified that Hibernation works when initiated by the User but Crashes BIOS when system initiated. Please feel free to move this post to whereve it is appropriate.

nchntr, Oct 11, 2008
  2. nchntr

nchntr

Well I have let the battery run down and the system hibernated. I plugged it in and it resumed fine. I shut down, cold powered and.... booted just fine. So FWIW the BIOS update 3.304 didnt crash when the 3.114 did (low power system induced hibernation). I hope that means its solved. Not getting rid of my SD for reflashing the BIOS just yet.

nchntr, Oct 12, 2008
Ask a Question