A150 - No AC power, but will power up with battery

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by cold_in_sapa, Oct 10, 2011.

1. cold_in_sapa

cold_in_sapa

Hi there, my trusty AAO150 has become a little poorly. There was a little bit of a problem when it came to powering it up/charging with the AC power cord recently meaning I sometimes had to fiddle with the cable where it connects with the computer and then one day, nothing. No power at all. There's still some power in my battery so I've been able to check that the netbook runs fine but I can't get it to power up or charge via the mains now.

So, I'm wondering if there's anyone out there who's had the same problem or can recommend me a solution. Would there be any benefit to me taking it apart and looking for a lose connection, if so what's the likely culprit? Would there be a part that I'd need to replace and if so, does anyone know the part number or what I should ask for?

I've managed to take it apart to fit a new 500gb HDD and install a new OS but I'm not very confident when it comes to playing around with a soldering iron, though I'll give it a go.

cold_in_sapa, Oct 10, 2011
  2. cold_in_sapa

nestone

nestone, Oct 10, 2011
  3. cold_in_sapa

cold_in_sapa

Yeah, I nabbed my Father's multi meter and the unit is working fine. If only it was the power pack, I could pick one up on ebay for next to nothing.

cold_in_sapa, Oct 11, 2011
  4. cold_in_sapa

Swarvey Moderator

Guessing you checked both voltage and amperage? One is no god without the other.

Swarvey, Oct 11, 2011
  5. cold_in_sapa

cold_in_sapa

Good point, I only ever check the voltage. I guess it's a long shot but I could try checking the amp output - cheers.

cold_in_sapa, Oct 12, 2011
Ask a Question