A150 Motherboard issues

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by prldoyle, Feb 5, 2011.

1. prldoyle

prldoyle

Hi,

My Acer A150 the other day stop charging it's battery. I have to use a friends to charge the battery to use it! I have flashed the Bios but with no luck. When you plug in the charger the battery light doesn't light.

So i have brought a new motherboard but now the computer does not recognise the the screen. It does work but the resolution is all messed up. For example the bios screen doesn't fill the whole screen so it repeats it self. (expect form the screen it works fine)

So i need one of two fixes! Either does any one know how to fix the old motherboard or does any one know how to fix the screen issue?

Any help would be great.

Cheers

prldoyle, Feb 5, 2011
  2. prldoyle

jerryt

Reseat the connector to the screen.

jerryt, Feb 5, 2011
  3. prldoyle

donec

I can't help but wonder from what you said if maybe it is not the motherboard but just the power cord they have been known to fail. When you say you use a friends to charge the battery are you just putting the battery in his computer and using your power cord or are you using his computer and power cord?

With that said and the fact you already have a new motherboard I think I would agree that the first thing to try is reseat the connector to the screen as Jerryt suggested.

But I would take good care of the old motherboard if you used his computer and power cord as the old motherboard may still be good.

donec, Feb 5, 2011
  4. prldoyle

prldoyle

Hi,

Thanks for the reply's. If is not the charger cable as it charges the new motherboard and my friends laptop. His charger doesn't charge my old motherboard.

When you mean reseat the connector. Do you mean unplug it and make sure it if firmly plugged in again? If so i done this lots of times!

Cheers
    Pete

prldoyle, Feb 6, 2011
  5. prldoyle

donec

Are you sure you got the right motherboard?
    Where there any instructions with the motherboard?
    Did you get the motherboard from a reputable dealer new?
    Try reading any instructions that came with it and see if it says anything about screen resolution.
    If the motherboards are identical then look to see if any of the jumpers or switches are set differently.

donec, Feb 7, 2011
Ask a Question