A110L brand new today, kept turning itself off, now fine...?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by spaceboy_psy, May 22, 2009.

1. spaceboy_psy

spaceboy_psy

Hey there,

I'm a bit anxious. Got it out of the box, charged a bit, turned on, no sooner had I clicked on something it turned itself off! Same again and again, no matter how much I charged the battery, including with battery full. Only after I emailed the shop saying I had a faulty unit did I try one last time! This time I left it on for a good 10 minutes without touching it, and it stayed on. Tentatively moved the mouse. still on. and so it's stayed on since, absolutely fine.

Couldn't find anything through search, would really like to hear if anyone knows what that was all about and whether the laptop may be faulty or fine..?? Cos now I just don't know what to think...

Could it be anything to do with this? viewtopic.php?f=24&t=13786

didn't have any of the battery light symptoms described there, but I did remove the battery a couple of times before it worked...

Cheers all, hope someone has an explanation!

spaceboy_psy, May 22, 2009
  2. spaceboy_psy

Tamrac

Despite it working, if I were you I'd observe it some more. On rare occasions, this happens when the unit was left in storage for a significant time. The Li-Ion battery sometimes will take a bit of time to regain it's normal operation, having been drained for a lengthy amount of time. Observe in the next couple of days, do full charge discharges and see if the unit lasts as advertised under normal use.

Tamrac, May 22, 2009
  3. spaceboy_psy

spaceboy_psy

Right! many thanks for the informed reply - I'll do that and see what happens.

The seller offered for me to return it, but said if their technicians can't reproduce any fault they'll have to send it right back, so I guess I ought to work this out myself if I can!

spaceboy_psy, May 23, 2009
Ask a Question