A1 will not hold aspec ratio from boot to boot?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by jackdashack, Jun 9, 2013.

1. jackdashack

jackdashack

I have an Acer A1 with an LG monitor as the main monitor. Not using the A1 screen at all. I have to set the aspect ratio (I think I'm using the right term, eh?) from reboot to reboot. :confused: It's always too large. Can't understand why it's always the same wrong one and I can't get the right one to stay. 1280x768, x960 and x1024 works. But it always comes on with a larger width. So I have to go to the top and catch the bottom of windows and drag them down.

Does any of you folks know the fix for this. A reg edit? Anything? Yes I click Apply every time that option is there.

Thanks! jack ":-D

jackdashack, Jun 9, 2013
  2. jackdashack

Nestone50

What choices are you given when you right click on your desktop and choose "screen resolution?" Is one of the choices good for your external monitor? If so, choose it, click apply and then the computer should default to the screen resolution the next time you boot. If there isn't a correct choice for the resolution of your external monitor, there is a regedit to allow you to set a resolution that isn't supported by the laptop monitor. A You Tube video showing you how can be found here: [ame]

Nestone50, Jun 9, 2013
  3. jackdashack

jackdashack

Thanks! Again I am not using the A1 screen, I've made the LG monitor the primary alone. When I reboot it comes up too big. I change the settings and when I log on again it's too big. I have to reset it. Again, the Acer screen is not the issue but I do thank you for your time, going one further with a video. Good business. Jack ":-D

jackdashack, Jun 9, 2013
  4. jackdashack

Nestone50

You have tried toggling F5?

Nestone50, Jun 9, 2013
  5. jackdashack

jackdashack

Thanks but nothing's helped. Don't like to report that. F5 doesn't seem to do it, it is for switching monitors, no? I'm only using the LG as primary, not even using the Aspire screen. There must be a registry entry somewhere, possibly a few entries to make it stick. ??? Always appreciative of any help. ":-D jack

jackdashack, Jun 10, 2013
  6. jackdashack

jackdashack

Unfortunately this resolved itself. I cannot tell you how and that's sad. Often this happens. I go changing settings to try to resolve and I guess I should stop after every change, journal it and reboot but that's a bit much at times. Good luck if you have the problem.

jackdashack, Jul 13, 2013
Ask a Question