A0751h | ntb does not charge battery

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by gigieu, Nov 20, 2011.

1. gigieu

gigieu

Hello,

during my travel in a train I had to finish my work so I used my netebook even when it was charged < 10 %, when it was 1 % I switched the netbook off. After comming home I wanted to charge it,in Windows it writes that it is charging but the icon does not show charging icon and after several hours it is still 1 %.

The battery was O.K. before the discharge (lasted some 5-6 hours). I tried to flash BIOS, which has not helped as well as unplugging the battery, disconnecting a power chord a pressing switch off/on button for 2+ minutes. A special programm shows its current voltage is 11,13 V (normal is approxiamtely the same 11,10 V), it is "only" absolutely discharged - its current capacity is 0,18 W. I still cannot believe the battery would be K.O. - could you help me how can I "repair" it?

Unfortunately I do not know anyone having the same netbook so I cannot test whether a different netbook would charge the battery.

Thanks.

G

gigieu, Nov 20, 2011
  2. gigieu

Swarvey Moderator

Have you tried the standard trick? It's been mentioned here once or twice before:
    * Power off the netbook
    * Unplug the lead
    * Unplug the battery
    * Hold the power button in for about a minute
    * Plug everything back in and boot it up

Supposedly this refreshes the BIOS's memory of the battery or something. If that doesn't work, try leaving the netbook powered of, battery and AC plugged in and see if it charges at all that way.

Swarvey, Nov 20, 2011
  3. gigieu

gigieu

I have tried it, it has not helped. :-(

This night I have let the netbook plugged for 8 hrs, in the morning "Battery information" utility stated that its current capacity is 35,11 W and after reinstalling MS ACPI - Compliant Control Method Battery even Windows 7 stated 100 %, after unplugging it Windows stated it is discharged and hyberned the netbook, now it shows only 1 % again and current capacity 0,18 W. Do you think the battery can be really damaged by simple discharging to 1%, even if the day before it lasted some 5 hrs?

gigieu, Nov 21, 2011
  4. gigieu

Swarvey Moderator

Personally, my oem battery only lasted just over a year. I've also never had a problem completely discharging my battery. The replacement I bought on ebay came with a 3yr warranty and its been going great, completely discharged many times. I would suggest keeping your battery charged as much as possible though.

Swarvey, Nov 22, 2011
  5. gigieu

gigieu

Just to let you know...
    I have been using the netbook plugged, after some days the battery started to charge, unfortunatelly only to 65 %, then stopped again. Still, the battery lasted over 3 hrs without any problems. Finally, I will buy a new one. ;-)

Thank you for your help. :)

gigieu, Dec 1, 2011
Ask a Question