A rather good Vista installation...

Discussion in 'Windows' started by lameguest, Dec 6, 2008.

1. lameguest

lameguest

... aiming to perfection ! :mrgreen:

WARNING: Keep in mind that these advices are intended for people who wants installing Vista on A110/150 series machines equipped with at least 1 GB RAM and 80 GB total disk space. Furthermore, your AA1 BIOS revision must be 0.3305 or greater, to avoid the nasty BIOS bug on the 'crisis' routine that can make your One unable to boot (starting from 3309 you can perform an OEM OS activation, if you're entitled to do so). A fast 4 GB SDHC card (possibly class 6) into the Storage Expansion slot is suggested to activate Vista Readyboost function.
    Installing on machines with 512 MB and/or small SSD disk with slow write speed is absolutely useless. For installing a Vista surrogate on such machines, please search corresponding topics from other guys on this forum.

Here we go (revised on May 7th):

Install the version you prefer, from home basic to ultimate, from a Vista SP1 DVD, (you may choose if you don't specify an installation key when prompted to do so). If you have only the RTM DVD, please install SP1 immediately after the OS.

Then download, and install in the following order:

The Intel Chipset Installation Utility, from http://www.intel.com, version 9.1.0.1012 or later.
    The Intel 945GM/GME Graphics Media Accelerator for Vista, from http://www.intel.com, version 15.8.3.1504 or later.
    The Realtek HD Audio Codec Driver, customized to drive the internal mic, from http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/no ... e_150.html, version 5.10.0.5772 or later.
    The Realtek PCI-E 10/100 8102E/8103E NIC for Vista, from http://www.realtek.com.tw, version 6.216 or later
    The Atheros AR5007EG Driver for Vista, version 7.6.1.204, downloadable directly from Windows Update
    The Jmicron JMB38X Card Reader Driver for XP from Acer, at http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/no ... e_150.html (you must insert a media into the readers to perform installation by wizard, do not install the application included, nor use the setup program !). After that, you should upgrade to version 1.0.28.0 using Windows Update.
    Only if your model is the one with Suyin cam (VID_064E&PID_D101, please check into the hardware manager), you can install the Suiyn driver for XP (downloaded from the Acer site) by upgrading the Vista default one via Hardware Upgrade Wizard, forcing the action as the OS cannot verify driver conformity (but I can confirm It works better than the default one).
    The Synaptics Touchpad Driver for Vista, from http://www.synaptics.com, version 10.1.8 or later. After the installation, be sure to take ownership and remove the lock on all the executable files in the Synaptics folder, to avoid nag requests at startup and other possible problems.
    Finally the Launch Manager Application from Acer, at http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/no ... e_150.html

Then personalize it as you wish !!

Successfully tested on a One A150L with 1.5 GB RAM and a 320 GB HD, and a 6 cell battery of course !

With such configuration, I'm now having a truly flawless, fully satisfactory experience using Vista Ultimate.

Many thanks to all the guys who have helped to make this guide better and better.

Please reply, if you have any suggestion to share.

Have a good day

lameguest, Dec 6, 2008
  2. lameguest

hafiz

nice. sorry for being such an asshole on the other thread.

now lets get to business. your steps are are nice. the issues might have been on your machine only. i have just installed using your recommended drivers on 3 units of aspire one for my customers. everything went well except for the synaptics driver. the syntp app crashes every 30 minutes or so. do you experience such crashes? it happen on all three units. i'm currently settling for XPDM drivers for the synaptics, but i would like to use wddm drivers as they SHOULD be totally compatible with vista. anyways, consider this reply as a big apology from me. i shouldn't have acted like a petulant child.
    truce? :|

hafiz, Dec 7, 2008
  3. lameguest

hafiz

by the way, have you checked the windows sound mixer? could you enable the onboard mic? all three A1 that i'm working on seemed to be just fine, with the same config as the ones you have suggested. i think something went awol while you installed the drivers. tried clean uninstall and reinstall yet?

by the way, the suyin drivers for vista exists, as well as the webcam app. you can download from the acer0-euro. suyin webcam drivers for vista for acer aspire 4310. they are identical to the A1 model. although the app is optimized for 1024x768 screens, you can still use it to take photos.

hafiz, Dec 7, 2008
  4. lameguest

lameguest

Apologized..... :mrgreen:

As far as now I've got absolutely no issues with Touchpad driver from Synaptics, and it presents all the features, even the double scroller (side and bottom). Make sure you've installed exactly this one: http://drivers.synaptics.com/Synaptics_ ... ista32.exe

I'm fairly sure that my One has an hardware issue on the internal mic. The only mic selectable in the mixer enables only the external connector, and every mic connected here works perfectly. Another machine, an A150X with XP factory installation, has the same mixer behaviour (and substantially the same Realtek driver), but the mic selection acts on twice the mics.
    It's also possible that some wiring become disconnected when I opened my One to change HD and upgrade RAM. I will check this as soon as possible.

I'll gladly have a look at the cam driver you submitted. Thank you.

See you next time.

lameguest, Dec 7, 2008
  5. lameguest

Modred189

Listen you two, this is an internet forum. Apologizing and making up is NOT allowed. You are supposed to get angry and start a flame war!
    LOL. J/k, the maturity is appreciated!

Anyway, OP, thanks for posting the synaptics driver. I too will give it a shot and see what happens...

Modred189, Dec 7, 2008
  6. lameguest

maltloaf

thank you to the original poster for this how-to. I have successfully installed home basic on my aa1 150 120GB 1.5GB and it's all running fine.

Just incase anyone else has the same problem that i did, If after everything you have three uninstalled devices in your device manager called 'Base System Device', right click on them and point the driver to the card reader one. Do this for each device and they will install as SD, MS and xD readers :)

happy vista and XP dual boot user here :)

malty

maltloaf, Dec 9, 2008
  7. lameguest

dudut

hi lameguest,

thanks to your guide. i follow it and it works. i just missed some because i was careless choosing the drivers. but now it's set.

dudut, Dec 27, 2008
  8. lameguest

WAK

I got all the above listed apart from the first one .whats it for and can you give me any more details on finding it

thanks

WAK, Dec 27, 2008
  9. lameguest

lameguest

Can you tell if your internal mic is working, please ?

Thankyou.

lameguest, Dec 30, 2008
  10. lameguest

lameguest

Sure, it correctly and optimally enables chipset features under the OS. Grab it here: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/10884/e ... 011_PV.exe

Happy new year to you all.

lameguest, Dec 30, 2008
  11. lameguest

azz2811

does any one know what lan driver i need to use because i need lan for xbox 360

azz2811, Dec 31, 2008
  12. lameguest

Stu

Most of these drivers work well on Windows7 too :D

Stu, Dec 31, 2008
  13. lameguest

azz2811

yeah i was also wondering about that thanks... any luck on those lan drivers????

azz2811, Dec 31, 2008
  14. lameguest

maltloaf

the lan driver is the realtek one as the op posted on the first post

maltloaf, Dec 31, 2008
  15. lameguest

azz2811

yeah i saw that but all it did was take me to the website and i dontknow which one to download. Which one is it??

azz2811, Dec 31, 2008
  16. lameguest

maltloaf

the one marked v6.213 as he said.. iirc it's a zip or a exe. both the same end result

maltloaf, Jan 1, 2009
  17. lameguest

azz2811

ok lol sorry i got it now thanks :D

azz2811, Jan 1, 2009
  18. lameguest

LordBoreal51

Your driver list worked great on an A110 with 1.5gb of RAM and an 80gb 1.8" Samsung mod. Thanks for saving me hours of hassle finding the right drivers!

LordBoreal51, Jan 4, 2009
  19. lameguest

Brian10161

I gotta say, I did exactly what you said here and it worked perfectly. All drivers have loaded and are running perfectly. The Aero interface works flawlessly, system boots really quickly, and overall a great experience.

I have a 150 model, white with 160gb hdd and 1gb ram. At boot, my system uses about 500mb ram, and the CPU sits at 0% idle.

Perfect, I'm very happy with this. Great listing and tutorial. I recommend running Vista on your One if you like Vista.

Brian10161, Jan 4, 2009
  20. lameguest

lameguest

I'm really pleased that so many people have appreciated my guide ! As I already said in a previous post, I would be happy if I should have a feedback from you on the functionality on the internal mic (as you know mine doesn't work :cry: )

Thanks in advance to you all.

lameguest, Jan 6, 2009
Ask a Question