A possible bios problem

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by reble, Jan 7, 2019.

1. reble

reble

This problem is on this Asus X541NA OS Win 10 64bit. I am trying to burn "PCUnlock" to a bootable USB drive. The Asus is Win local locked up, I don't remember the Win 10 local password. For some reason this laptop will not boot off the optical drive. I borrowed the optical drive from the Dell laptop (the optical drives are the same) and the Asus still will only boot off a USB drive or the HDD. The free version of "PCUnlock" will boot up but I can't change the password on the Free version. On Jan 3rd when I got paid, I paid for the full "PCUnlock" download. The full paid version works just fine on my Dell Inspiron 15-3541 laptop, OS Win 7 Home 32bit. But the paid version "of PCnlock" will not boot on the Asus laptop period. The Asus bios is completely different then my Dell laptop. the secure boot and the speed boot are disabled but there is no "load csm" in the Asis bios period. I must be missing something somewhere? I could use some help please.

Steve

reble, Jan 7, 2019
Ask a Question