a few post osx installation questions

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by sjb05004, Dec 20, 2008.

1. sjb05004

sjb05004

Forgive me if I've overlooked posts that have answered these questions, a link to them would be greatly appreciated!

There are a few minor inconveniences that I was unaware of before my OS X venture.

- Is there any way to control the loud fan? Since I've installed OS X it runs full speed non-stop. I thought I'd get used to it, but
    to no surprise I am ready to get rid of it.

- Is the post about "2 finger scrolling" meaning the ability to scroll using the touchpad? I only need 1 finger scrolling :)

- Finally what is the best way to maximize screen space? I tried ARt's gui scaler, but it throws off my icons and button locations on the internet and in dialogue boxes.

Any help would be great! Thanks again to all who make this site the greatest resource for AA1 owners!

Edit: i now have scrolling on the trackpad!!!

sjb05004, Dec 20, 2008
  2. sjb05004

gnubeard

Fan control doesn't work on OSX.

I wonder what everyone means about the "load" fan, though -- my fan doesn't sound loud at all. I guess its just subjective. Anyhow, count your blessings.. the last laptop I tried to install OSX on the fan didn't work at all either. But in that model's case (also an acer) the fan was on LOW all the time, while the processor was cranked up all the time. About 15-20 minutes of doing anything with Leopard and the machine would halt as the temp got out of control.

So be happy.

On the other hand, you're welcome to use Windows. Have fun.

gnubeard, Dec 21, 2008
Ask a Question