A dealer wants my MSI Thin GF63 (RED DRAGON) + $280 to get a Lenovo Legion 5 15ARP8.

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Moses, May 28, 2024.

1. Moses

Moses

Hey everyone, I could use a little assistance. I'm in the process of making a deal with a laptop seller. Currently, I own an MSI Thin GF63 (RED DRAGON) with an i7 12650H processor, RTX 4050 Mobile GPU, 16 GB of RAM, and a 1TB SSD. However, I'm looking to upgrade my GPU and came across a Lenovo Legion 5 15ARP8 listed on Facebook Marketplace. It features a 7 7735HS processor, RTX 4060 Mobile GPU, and 16 GB of RAM, but with only a 500GB SSD.

The seller has proposed a swap deal where I give them my MSI laptop plus $280 in exchange for their Lenovo Legion 5. Do you think this is a favorable deal?

Attached Files:

Moses, May 28, 2024
  2. Moses

jekexp

Hey! I think the proposed swap deal for your MSI Thin GF63 for the Lenovo Legion 5 15ARP8, plus $280, could be favorable, especially since you're getting an upgrade in GPU from the RTX 4050 to the RTX 4060. The RTX 4060 offers better performance and future-proofing for gaming and other GPU-intensive tasks. However, you'll be downgrading in storage capacity from 1TB to 500GB, so you might want to budget for an additional SSD later on. If you're okay with the trade-off in storage and the extra cash, it seems like a good deal for the GPU upgrade. Check out some SSD options here.

jekexp, Jul 3, 2024
Ask a Question