82801 GBM chipset Or Mobile Intel 945GSE?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Devo, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Devo

Devo

When we order the 10.1inch acer aspire one we will have a choice between a Mobile Intel 945GSE Express chipset or Mobile Intel 82801 GBM chipset... which one is better?

If it helps the Mobile Intel 82801 GBM is the southbridge chip formerly known as ICH7

Also, am I correct in saying that the ICH7 has the Integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3100 (GMA3100)?

Devo, Jan 23, 2009
  2. Devo

naeemsta

yes please Help us
    i want to know which one is better ? and what does one of them does ? thanks.
    Please Answer those questions above made by Devo.
    lol i made my 100th post just now :D

naeemsta, Jan 23, 2009
  3. Devo

Devo

Congratulations on spamming your way to 100 posts.

Devo, Jan 23, 2009
  4. Devo

goofball

No, you're not right.

ICH is the southbridge chipset (if you're still in north/southbridge speak, that is)
    Mobile 945GSE is considered the northbridge (MCH).
    They need each other to form a link between your other devices (USB + LAN + other lower devices are on ICH, memory/CPU connect to MCH). Simplistic explanation, of course but sufficient for this post, i think.

No, ICH-7 doesn't determine what video card you have. The northbridge does, and you need the GL960 or GM965 to have the GMA x3100 integrated.

goofball, Jan 23, 2009
  5. Devo

naeemsta

so my brother which one do you recommend ?
    should i google ? or you think you can tell us which is better. thanks
    also devo i aint spamming lol.

naeemsta, Jan 24, 2009
  6. Devo

Foxtropics

OFF TOPIC: Try telling that to the people who have you on their block list like myself. Have you not noticed that you reply to almost everything with something pointless? Maybe the fact that 40% of the posts in this forum are likely from you? You are spamming, rather you think you are or not... you are.

ON TOPIC: I don't understand much about the chip sets but will this possibly mean that the new model of the AAO will be a bit better at running some games? I figure since it will have 2GB possible RAM instead of 1.5GB that should also help as well. I will likely buy an AAO 103 either way, but if they will be better at gaming, even by a tiny bit that will be a good bonus.

Foxtropics, Jan 24, 2009
  7. Devo

goofball

Should be a bit better as the GN40 is based off of a better performing video chipset (though do remember, we are talking about intel integrated video here). For sure, it should have video acceleration which the current 945GSE does not.

goofball, Jan 24, 2009
  8. Devo

naeemsta

so in mid february when it comes i should buy the GN40 one right :D i only need it for HD vids most of the time.

naeemsta, Jan 25, 2009
  9. Devo

goofball

The version with N280 processor should have the GN40 chipset.

goofball, Jan 25, 2009
  10. Devo

naeemsta

so it wont come before february right...
    then i will have to wait until march ?... this SUCKS big time for me man i am waiting too long...

naeemsta, Jan 25, 2009
Ask a Question