802.11n

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Guest, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I have seen a mod for the Eee PC about installing wireless draft n. I have also heard of people trying this mod on an MSI Wind.Is a similar mod possible for the Aspire One?

Guest, Jul 29, 2008
  2. Guest

rory

Indeed it is, you can either buy a mini Pci-Express wireless-n card. There are ones on eBay UK for 27.50 GBP. Installing the card itself is pretty easy, but connecting the antenna might be a bit harder. I'm not sure if its as simple as unclipping the wires and attaching then to the new card or what?
    Rory

rory, Jul 29, 2008
  3. Guest

Davidcowling

give it a couple of months i think....

the atheros chip in the one only goes up to 802.11g, but its ridiculously good at it and its range is massive

Davidcowling, Jul 30, 2008
  4. Guest

rory

Is it's range so good because it has a good antenna, or is it the card itself?
    I am getting a Dell hackintosh one so I can run OS X with WLAN.
    So I hope it's more the antenna, and I'll still get the super range
    Rory

rory, Jul 30, 2008
  5. Guest

Davidcowling

acer always stick the antennae in the screen lid (the best place), not sure about the gain characteristics of the antenna tho

from the reviews ive read, the atheros chip has had nothing but praise, whatever the laptop/netbook.

Davidcowling, Jul 31, 2008
  6. Guest

fatjoehatesme

Yes you can Just Buy an N draft card and stick it in there as long as it only has the main and axillary attachments I used the Intel Wifi link 5100 card. I got the card from ebay and downloaded the drivers off intels site. The speed is a lot quicker now and I have a boost in signal strength not by much but what do you expect for a $15 mod. And the mod Is really as easy as unclipping the old antennas and putting the new card in and clipping the antennas back on

fatjoehatesme, Oct 19, 2009
Ask a Question