6 Cell version in USA?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by lolknight, Aug 18, 2008.

1. lolknight

lolknight

I am a Canadian customer, but I can't stand the bi-lingual keyboard. I might go down to the states in a week or two... are there any vendors there selling the 6-cell version of the laptop? I can't find anything about it online. Any idea where I might be able to just get the US keyboard separate?

Thanks!

lolknight, Aug 18, 2008
  2. lolknight

Guest Guest

I have done a lot of searching and haven't found a 6 cell version in the US. Only think I can find with 6cell is shipped from Canada or the UK with that wierd keyboard. I myself am wondering when a 6 cell US version will be available, but I can not find an answer.

Guest, Aug 19, 2008
  3. lolknight

lolknight

I have decided to give up waiting for a US keyboard, and a white AAO. I went to the store to try it out again today, and concluded that:

1. I don't EVER use left shift (weird typing habit)
    2. The ENTER key is "acceptably" distanced... although a full US keyboard would've been LOADS better
    3. My only reason to hold out on the AA1 now is that it is BLUE.... not a very substantial reason, considering school is starting and I wanted to get one before school starts, or I'll have to wait until Christmas...

I am gonna jump the boat and get one in the next few days :p

lolknight, Aug 20, 2008
  4. lolknight

rjm

The Acer US web site only has four models listed, XP white and blue, Linux whiet and blue, all with 3 cell batteries. I strongly suspect that any 6 cell US model are still a month or more away.

rjm, Aug 21, 2008
Ask a Question