512 mb ram trade?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by delaminator, Jan 30, 2009.

1. delaminator

delaminator

I just upgraded to 1.5gb and have the oem 512mb stick. I am wondering if anyone would be interested in trading it for linux on a usb stick, I have downloaded it many times and it doesn't work, so I would pay/trade for the service. I know I am new here, but I am on ebay as dandodo with a good history there.

delaminator, Jan 30, 2009
  2. delaminator

jeremysdad

Where are you located? I'd be willing to make you one for the cost of the USB + shipping. Not a big deal, it's easy to do, and not worth charging for the service itself. Personally, I have no use for your 512 stick, I still have mine kicking around. Let me know... PM me, and maybe we can work it out or I can try to walk you through the steps of making one yourself. Like I said, it's pretty straightforward. What distribution are you wanting?

jeremysdad, Jan 30, 2009
  3. delaminator

delaminator

bump, got the usb ubuntu working, looking to sell the ram, if it's really worth anything.

delaminator, Feb 4, 2009
  4. delaminator

Eosblue

I suspect its worth almost nothing since most laptop memory slots are full with 512 mb sticks. On eBay a guy sold 2 for around $12 each, probably to uninformed buyers. His ad stated upgrade your memory to 1.5 GB and his buyers probably thought they could just pop one of these chips into their laptop and they would go from 1GB to 1.5GBs.

I've never had ANY success selling old memory. However, if you want to buy my 512 MB chip, let me know. I'm not holding my breath for your reply.

PS One of the sellers on eBay got 1 cent for his chip and I think about 7 dollars for shipping/handlling.

Eosblue, Feb 18, 2009
Ask a Question