5 Years Later, the Fukushima Nuclear Disaster Site Continues to Spill Waste

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sefie, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Sefie

Sefie

Five years ago this month a devastating tsunami engulfed Japan's northeastern coast, triggering the worst nuclear disaster since Chernobyl. Washing over a 10-meter-high seawall, the waves knocked out electricity at Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant, causing cooling systems to fail and half of the facility's uranium cores to overheat and melt through their steel containers. Hydrogen explosions in the next few days damaged three of the reactor buildings, venting radioactive materials into the air. That plume of airborne contamination forced some 160,000 people to evacuate from their homes.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/a...clear-disaster-site-continues-to-spill-waste/

Sefie, Mar 1, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  2. Sefie

something back

Chernobyl hidden valley wine gives you a tingling feeling all over, the Fukushima prawns
    are just a delight making you warm and fuzzy .

Sorry Sefie I could not resist.

something back, Mar 1, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  3. Sefie

Delibrythe

@Sefie I've been speaking out about Fukushima since day one when it happened back in 2011. I was living in Hawaii when it happened and I know I was exposed to radiation. But the thing is, we are all still being exposed to it all over the world. It hasn't stopped and the media will never cover this. They continue to sweep it under the rug and pretend that it still isn't happening and continues to have huge ramifications.

Delibrythe, Mar 1, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  4. Sefie

Sefie

@Delibrythe I'm well aware of this, and this is why I find it so disturbing. I've been following this incident since it took place, I am even more amazed to see most people in Japan don't seem to be fully aware of how bad this incident was. So of course here in the west very few think about the implications of this terrible accident, I'm specially worried about our food sources. To make it worse the thing is not contained... it's horrible, worse than Chernobyl, but have you noticed no one states the obvious? That this accident was worse than Chernobyl. It is a fact, yet no one dares to say it (excepting for a few people but no official media outlets do). I mean look at how Chernobyl damaged the sami people in Finland! The radiation spread everywhere, it was so bad they could no longer sell their reindeer meat.

Sefie, Mar 3, 2016
    Delibrythe and IBMPC8088 like this.
  5. Sefie

Sefie

@something back Lol, that made me laugh! I guess the best approach right now is to simply see this with humor, because nothing else can be done. Thanks for the good laugh, it lifted my spirit. I was already feeling all grim!

Sefie, Mar 3, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  6. Sefie

IBMPC8088

I agree with the sentiments here. I used to speak out about it and see what could be done, but by majority it has fallen on deaf ears, and they are just going to continue letting it pour out into the oceans and the atmosphere to destroy them and all life acquatically and land based thereafter.

100% of the tuna fish sampled are radioactive now, as are most shell fish. The media tries to downplay the death vallies of seals, sharks, whales, and other marine life lining the edges of beaches across the globe since 2011, and all the health defects and issues that have happened since, but it's still ongoing.

I read recently that the population in Japan has decreased by nearly 1 million people since that happened collectively? Does anyone know more about this, and whether that was attributed to deaths from the radiation, birth defects/still born babies, or people moving out of and away from Japan?

IBMPC8088, Mar 3, 2016
    Delibrythe likes this.
  7. Sefie

something back

On a more serious note, the west of UK was badly hit by Chernobyl.

Farmers could not sell, or even move livestock for many years some
    for over twenty years.

I feel so grateful for the very brave men, and woman that sacrificed
    their lives trying to stop the accident at Chernobyl, it saddens me
    to think what kind of injuries they had before they died.

Just to say thank you.

something back, Mar 3, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  8. Sefie

Delibrythe

I agree, it is highly disturbing and the effect that it is having on our food sources is horrific. I make it a point not to eat any seafood from the Pacific. But that's not the only food source we have to worry about. No one considers how the radiation can be picked up over the Pacific Ocean and brought down onto the main land as rain/snow. Then it seeps into the grass (so cows are affected and in turn dairy products) and then it gets into our fruits, vegetables and grains. The majority of Japanese citizens have been brainwashed and fed absolute propaganda by the Japanese government. It's sickening thinking that they are letting people go back to live in the Fukushima prefecture..especially the kids who are most affected by this. I've been trying to wake people up for years about this atrocity but no one cares..if they don't see it and they feel that it doesn't affect them then they just go back to watching mindless television and caring what celebrities are wearing. Very sad!

I don't know if you are on YouTube regularly, but there is an outspoken activist, Dana Durnford who has been actively protesting about Fukushima and trying to educate people about it. He was actually jailed for it in Vancouver,BC. His channel is called BeautifulGirlByDana and I highly recommend subscribing to him. I used to also check regularly on the Fukushima Diary site (you can find it easily on Google) and he does regularly updates on what's going on over there.

Then you've got all these thousands of animal die offs along the Pacific Coast that no one is attributing to the radiation from Fukushima. It's scary and it's not going to get better any time soon.

Delibrythe, Mar 3, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  9. Sefie

Delibrythe

You are so right! All the animal die offs that are continuing to happen - none of them are pointing the finger at Fukushima. Also, I don't think we will ever get accurate statistics on deaths and illness caused by radiation in Japan. The Japanese government & Tepco have been lying since day one of the accident and they will continue to keep everyone misinformed. I just saw an article on Fukushima Diary saying that Tepco is going to allow workers at the plant to wear non-protective clothing. I mean, really??? LOL! I wouldn't even step foot in Japan without fear of getting radiation.

Delibrythe, Mar 3, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  10. Sefie

Sefie

@Delibrythe That is exactly what happened to the reindeer in northern Finland after Chernobyl, they got contaminated because of their food source. Now they are still being monitored, and the sami people can no longer sell their meat for the same reason, but they still continue to consume it and they are also being monitored as well. So this whole thing is so fishy! This was far worse than Chernobyl, I feel bad for the Japanese specially. They seem so calm and unaware of the horrors... I bet the radiation exposure of all those people in Japan has been huge, I mean come on... I'm sure we are pretty irradiated as well... one way or another.

I'm glad to find others who understand how serious this is and thanks a lot for pointing me to the right direction. I've been struggling trying to find more updates on this, but you know media... they are obviously hiding things from us. Can't believe anything related to Fukushima is never on the first page.

Sefie, Mar 7, 2016
  11. Sefie

Sefie

@IBMPC8088 I try not to think about that anymore, because odds are we have all already been exposed one way or another. This whole thing is so messed up. I was watching a video about the effects of this and how is even affecting our climate... it's so scary. To think we humans did this. No one says anything, most people think nothing of it, some are not even aware. I mean, there is a vlogger who was there recently, she took her kids with her to visit a friend who lives in that prefecture! I'd not even set a foot in Japan! They act like nothing happened, like they don't know they have been exposed to so much radiation.

The Japanese were in trouble regarding to their aging population a long time ago, but I read somewhere they have found a lot new cases of thyroid cancer. Those affected are mostly people who lived in that prefecture. But go figure, I bet people in Tokyo are also affected. I could never make my dream of visiting Japan true :(

Sefie, Mar 7, 2016
Ask a Question