4k to 1080p downscale help!?!

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by TheRealAdamSandler, Jun 28, 2016.

1. TheRealAdamSandler

TheRealAdamSandler

Hi guys new to the forums , first ill start with the laptop I just bought

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-in...lack/4454002.p?id=1219749483916&skuId=4454002

So, i bought it because i wanted something flexible, that i could take somewhere or that i could also use as a "desktop" in essence. Theres just nothing like a keyboard and mouse in front of a monitor im so much more productive. Anyways it has a HDMI port and I also have a 27 inch Samsung Curved Monitor thats 1080p when i hook up my laptop to my monitor it looks a little pixelated just a little but i believe that has to do with stretching out 1920x1080 over 27 inches still looks great but just wish it was sharper. My main problem though is why when im just on my laptop using it as is if I switch the resolution of my laptop from 4k (3840x2160) to 1080p (1920x1080) does it look so blurry and fuzzy????? I dont get it i dont need to run my laptop screen at 4k its running on Intel mobile graphics no dedicated GPU so it kills the battery so I figured ill just run it in 1080p but it looks horrible!! Why ? Looks foggy and blurry. Thanks for any advice or tips !

TL;DR - Why does downscaling my 4k screen on my laptop to 1080p look so foggy/blurry? 1080p should look amazing on a 15.6 inch display. And its not that its a bad screen when its on 4k its the sharpest most color accurate screen ive ever seen. And ive seen alot of panels out there ALOT. Its a great panel its an IPS display so im lost on this one.....

TheRealAdamSandler, Jun 28, 2016
Ask a Question