4 password managers that make online security effortless

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sefie, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Sefie

Sefie

There’s a reason “123456” remains the most popular password. We tend to use passwords we can easily recall. And that means they’re easy to hack.

A good password manager is the best way to relieve the burden of memorizing complex logins and keep your data secure. These tools encrypt your login info in a virtual vault—either locally or in the cloud—and lock it with a single master password.

Considering that the security of sensitive data is at stake, you shouldn’t take choosing a password manager lightly. This guide will tell you what features to look for in a password manager and compare four of the best.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3056...ers-that-make-online-security-effortless.html

Sefie, Apr 29, 2016
  2. Sefie

Corzhens

In our office, it is imperative to change the password every week. And the standard password should be a mix of alpha and numbers plus special characters with at least 6 characters in length. We are being reminded of that every once in a while to ensure the safety of our passwords. A typical password is C0rh3ns* which is the big letter C followed by a zero then letters rh and the number 3 followed by the letters ns and ends in an asterisk. There are spot checks and if your password fails then you get a reprimand.

Corzhens, Apr 30, 2016
  3. Sefie

IcyBC

Thanks for sharing the link, and I will have to take a look!

IcyBC, Apr 30, 2016
  4. Sefie

Sefie

I try to do the same with my passwords :) That is why I need to write them down, but I am guilty of sometimes not changing my passwords often enough :p I need to be more diligent with that to be honest.

Sefie, May 2, 2016
    Corzhens likes this.
  5. Sefie

Corzhens

I remember in the olden days when the internet is quite new, it is a rule NOT to write down the password because someone might learn of it. But now that we are required to change the password regularly, it is anticipated that we may forget the new password. Now I have a small notebook where I write down my passwords for office use and I know that some of my colleagues are also doing that.

Corzhens, May 4, 2016
  6. Sefie

obliviousme

I've never felt the need for a password manager but thanks for sharing the link, I'm sure this will come in handy in the future.

obliviousme, May 9, 2016
Ask a Question