3G suffering

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by sparkster, Nov 11, 2015.

1. sparkster

sparkster

I don't know how many people even use 3G these days, but has anyone noticed that the speeds have now been slowed down to a crawl now that 4G has been introduced and is so widely available at the same cost? Until I upgrade to a 4G device, I have no choice but to use 3G to access the internet and it's starting to get quite frustrating. I've tried several different networks too - same thing.

sparkster, Nov 11, 2015
  2. sparkster

KimmyMarkks

I have 3G on my phone and you are right in that its VERY slow. It take sometimes a minute or two to download a page and sometimes depending on where I am doesn't download at all. I have wireless for my computer so I am assuming that is 4G.

KimmyMarkks, Nov 14, 2015
  3. sparkster

sparkster

I take it you mean wireless as in using WiFi linked to a broadband connection? That's not 4G. 4G is the same as 3G (mobile internet) but it's high speed. When I first started using 3G a few years ago, it was quite fast but since mobile internet has been upgraded it has become virtually useless. I begrudge paying for it.

sparkster, Nov 15, 2015
Ask a Question