3310 Bios Bad?

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by dgdimick, May 21, 2009.

1. dgdimick

dgdimick

I just purchased a AA0-150, it came with version 3310 for the BIOS. After a few tries, iDeben did not see the HD unless I formatted it with Disk Utility, I was able to install version 10.5.6.

I've got Ubuntu 9.04 UNR running on it, /dev/sda2, and OSX installed on /dev/sda1

Now every time I go to boot OSX, it runs up to a point and reboots. - It's trying to load the BroadComm drivers. It's gone past the part where the screen resolution changes.

I've tried the -v -x -f and cpus=1 switches, but still the same problem.

I've made a unetboot USB and tried to downgrade the BIOS to 3304, however, when I select option "5" is just complains about there not being a CDROM and hangs; not input allowed from the KB. - If I wait long enough when I press a key, it just beeps to complain.

The Windows partition was the first thing I killed off.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Denis

dgdimick, May 21, 2009
  2. dgdimick

vriesfde

So because you can't boot into OSX properly your next step is downgrading the bios.......what is the logic behind that?

Are you so sure youre OSX install is 100% correct for the aspire one? (Which options did you install, what wifi card do you have etc.)

I believe that it is more probable that your osx install is the culprit and not the bios (I use the same version) and would try to look into that area first before downgrading the bios.

vriesfde, May 21, 2009
  3. dgdimick

Anyone knows where can I download 3310? I can only see 3309 from Acer website.

70869413, May 21, 2009
  4. dgdimick

tieitsch

Why would you want to upgrade your bios if the old one isn't broken? Does it provide any new features?

tieitsch, May 21, 2009
  5. dgdimick

Darryl

Darryl, May 21, 2009
  6. dgdimick

chudgoo

I too am having problems loading iDeneb 1.4 on my 2nd AAO 150 running 3310.
    My first AAO running 3304 installed and runs flawlessly...

Essentially I can't boot to a desktop in anything but safemode.
    Repairing permissions did nothing to resolve this...
    Any ideas?

also, hey dimickĀ± ;)

chudgoo, May 22, 2009
  7. dgdimick

dgdimick

Chudgoo has seen the same problem with 3310, he's been helping me FtF the past week or so. He's also got a AAO running 3304 that seems to work fine. If tyhe two computers are the same except for the BIOS, I's assume the logical thing would be to try the same BIOS. :|

The WiFi is a Dell 1390, works under Linux fine, after you load the drivers.

As for the install settings, I've just done the default, since this is the way I've seen on the boards it works best. Doing a re-install now, using cpus=1, and nothing else. Sorry to say, I'm a Linux guy, not much of a Mac Geek.
    :geek:

Thanks,

Denis

dgdimick, May 22, 2009
  8. dgdimick

MasterJediAdam

I used BIOS build 3305 and it worked for me. I concur that the next step is to use a different BIOS build.

MasterJediAdam, May 25, 2009
  9. dgdimick

dgdimick

I was finally able to flash down to 3304. I had to format part of the HD as a FAT32 type, then copy the BIOS files there. Reinstalled the Max OS and had the same problems. After letting it sit a few minutes, it came back with an error about the root drive not being ready.

So far I've tried the following boot options:

platform=ACPI or X86PC mach_kernel rd=disk0s0 or disk0s1 -v -x -s -F cpus=1

If I don't put the cpus=1 in, the computer reboots while trying to load.

Since there doesn't seem to be a change with the 3304 BIOS, I think I'll go back to 3310 in a few days.

Thanks,

Denis

dgdimick, May 26, 2009
  10. dgdimick

runtohell121

I believe i'm running the newest bio on my AAO.. and runs fine with osx86? using ideneb..?

runtohell121, Jun 5, 2009
Ask a Question