2nd internal harddrive in AAO110

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Jannico, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Jannico

Jannico

hey, i've installed a second internal harddrive into the aao110.

the first thing was to replace the ssd with an toshiba 1.8" 60gb ide hardrive. i've done this a few weeks ago. today i've decided to put in a second hardrive, a usb 1.8" samsung (Samsung HS120JR). i've connected this drive to the free usb connector on the motherboard and it works fine.

pictures and benchmarks can be found here: http://aspireone.jannico-edv.de/?p=93

Jannico, Jan 7, 2009
  2. Jannico

teh_qube

why would you want to do that? isnt that more power consumption + weight?

why not just have one big one..?

teh_qube, Jan 8, 2009
  3. Jannico

Jannico

i've done this because i want to try a mod which no one executed before :) it is a little more weight, but i'm using a 7200mah battery. the 2nd hdd doesn't increase the weight so much.
    the next step is to to replace both harddisks with two identical harddisks and to build a raid array with them to increase performance. i'm often using my aspire business related onsite to backup data and documents from customer pc's. i often have to copy gigabyts of photos from sd cards and other medias and so a raid system will help to get a fast data transfer.

modding is one of my hobbies and i'm still searching for a new mod :)

Jannico, Jan 8, 2009
Ask a Question