16 and 32 GB 1" SLC ZIF SSD's coming from Samsung

Discussion in 'Storage' started by KjeldOlesen, Nov 7, 2008.

1. KjeldOlesen

KjeldOlesen

KjeldOlesen, Nov 7, 2008
  2. KjeldOlesen

gghines

Dear Kjel,

Pls let me know if you are happy with the performance of your machine. I see you have 8Gb SSD and still running XP. What RAM do you have? Was the modification easy?

George

gghines, Nov 9, 2008
  3. KjeldOlesen

KjeldOlesen

Hi

Actually I have not done any modifications yet, not even had the mashine opened. I have started acembling stuf to du the upgrade easilly, i.e. the ZIF PATA to 2.5" PATA adapter and also the actual 2.5 SATA connector. I have not decided exactly which route I'll take, but with "cheaper" and larger SLC ZIF SSDs on the horizon that may be a reasonably option if one can wait a it. At the same time I would surely upgrade to 1.5 GB RAM and possibly exchange the keyboard to my own language if I can come to terms with the 100 US$ cost of the kayboard alone.

Still, my AA1 is also up for sale, and if I can get a decent price for it (which is hard due to its non-locale keyboard) I'd just sell it and get the HD version of the AA1 or possibly the Lenovo Ideapad S10 or MSI.

In any case, no, the stalling is most annoying with XP on the crappy 8 GB SSD, and yet I use it quite a lot. The stalling is mostly during startup and upgrading.

However, for the time beeing I have not desperately needed the extra storage space nor speed, so I have not initiated the modification.

KjeldOlesen, Nov 9, 2008
Ask a Question