netbook or similar compact LIGHTWEIGHT computer running windows 7 with DECENT processor

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by endofrope, Jan 11, 2015.

1. endofrope

endofrope

Does such a thing exist?
    I am desperate.
    My Toshiba netbook 505 is at 90-100% cpu all the time, It is too slow to use the internet properly, Is there one with a decent processor but which also has working webcam with sound good enough to use skype? (windows 7) Must be extremely light to carry around all day. Cord must not weigh 2 pounds all by itself.

endofrope, Jan 11, 2015
  2. endofrope

Brian8gbSSDLinux

Checking the web for your netbook brings up... The American version of PC World states...

Slow but colorful with long battery life, this netbook is simply typical of the category.
    Looking for a lightweight PCthat screams style without cramping your style? One that's perfect for e-mailing, browsing, or updating Facebook and Twitter? Our award-winning line of netbookswill keep you in touch with the things that matter most- no matter where you go.

If that description is exactly why you ought your netbook, you might like to have a look at the new HP Stream 11, retailing for around £180.00 as advertised on UK TV... it is a Windows 8.1 version of the Google Chrome Book. (Without Android)
    as the Blurb says...
    • Get all the tools you need with 60 Skype minutes included and Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Access, plus cloud integration
    • Thanks to an innovative fanless design and flash memory, the sleek HP Stream is built for cloud computing on-the-go.
    Relying on 'In the CLOUD storage' they have only got a small NAND Flash (SSD) and as such have a very long battery life, and are almost Instant start up.

Possibly a quick 'google' for reasons NOT to buy one,

Best of luck

Brian8gbSSDLinux, Jan 12, 2015
Ask a Question