Lenovo E540 Gaming?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Sam0000, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Sam0000

Sam0000

hello ya'll
    i was looking for a computer thatll fit my multitasking and business needs. i believe the Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E540 20C6008QUS fits my requirements. BUT can you still game on it?

Intel Core i7 4702MQ 2.2Ghz, Quad-core 6mb cache. Intel HD Graphics 4600 and 4gb of ram (which ill upgrade later)

by gaming i mean
    - running crysis 3 on low everything (been wanting to try this game. even if choppy but playable)
    - battlefield 4 (minimum medium settings)
    - garrys mod (min med settings)
    - dota 2 (min med settings)
    - forza 3-5 (min med settings)
    - skyrim (min med settings)
    - anything similar etc...

since this is more of a business laptop and not gaming, im afraid of pushing it too far. im only guessing the fans and heat sinks arent up to par as others that are made specifically to game, cheers!

ps. im not a heavy gamer. i just want something thatll run these games if i get the urge to play them one day. primary use - multitasking and school work

Sam0000, Aug 31, 2014
  2. Sam0000

Koemul

Hi Sam

The Intel HD graphics is pretty poor, but it will run the games you want. However, if you want a good experience with Crysis and BF, you might want to go for something better.

Here are a few similar laptops with faster graphics chip.

But even if you end up buying the E540, don't worry about heat. According to Notebookcheck, the E540 can handle massive loads for extended periods of time without getting hot: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Lenovo-ThinkPad-Edge-E540-20C60041-Notebook.109012.0.html (scroll down to the temperature section).

Regards

Koemul, Nov 13, 2014
Ask a Question