Hard drive full????

Discussion in 'Storage' started by georgia23, Jan 3, 2015.

1. georgia23

georgia23

My laptop has a 28GB hard drive and it is full somehow (800MB free) even though I only have 2-3GB of data/documents/media etc. on it when I check in settings and stuff, also it says 1.89GB RAM free? What does this mean?
    Thanks....

georgia23, Jan 3, 2015
  2. georgia23

Brian8gbSSDLinux

Strange that you only have a 28Gb Had drive... is this a mini Notebook with , say, a 9 inch screen or is it a Google Chrome book type Laptop? and are you running Windows, Android or say, Linpus Linux?

The reason why I ask is because each and every one of these systems will require different ways of finding more space.

As ans example... if you have a 32Gb SSD running Windows; around 15Gb will be taken up by the Operating system and its Files. There is a good write up of how to clear out clutter on How to Geek... click the link below (when online) to see how they do it...
    http://www.howtogeek.com/125923/7-ways-to-free-up-hard-disk-space-on-windows/

IF none of what you see in the pictures on that site fit in with what YOU see on YOUR laptop it could be that you have a Chrome book - in which case, please let us know what the label UNDER your laptop says...

Brian8gbSSDLinux, Jan 3, 2015
  3. georgia23

Brian8gbSSDLinux

Hmmm Time waster??? Is this the same Laptop you 'dropped and broke the touchscreen'? reported by you, 4 minutes ago?

Brian8gbSSDLinux, Jan 3, 2015
  4. georgia23

georgia23

Time waster?
    Probably yes but I thought that you were supposed to ask questions in the appropriate category, and my hard drive has been weirdly full for a while before that happened.
    It is a notebook laptop yes 10" screen I think (ASUS transformer book T100) and it is only just over a year old, running Windows 8.1.
    Those pictures on the link look like my laptop so I will try that...
    Thanks

georgia23, Jan 3, 2015
Ask a Question