First mod you'd recommend?

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by UpgradeMe, Mar 26, 2016.

1. UpgradeMe

UpgradeMe

If someone was going to mod their own laptop, what would you say is the first thing you'd recommend they did before all else? As in, if there was just 1 vanilla mod that you thought anybody could do that would be worthwhile, which would it be?

UpgradeMe, Mar 26, 2016
  2. UpgradeMe

remnant

The first thing that people notice in a computer is the casing and this is the first thing that people notice before making a purchase. One can create different effects depending on their taste from a military truck in rough terrain look all the way to a classic antiquated Jurassic look. Modding the casing when I want to sell it would also increase its resale value. Of course, I would make sure the device is in good working condition.

remnant, Sep 25, 2016
  3. UpgradeMe

djtech

Make the cosmetic changes first. If your laptop came with a regular keyboard, I would replace that. I would also make the changes related to casing as mentioned by Remnant above. Once the cosmetic changes are done, I would replace the hdd->sdd, max out the RAM, get an external graphic card adapter and card, and make the modifications necessary to get the whole setup working.

djtech, Oct 5, 2016
  4. UpgradeMe

Aree Wongwanlee

The first thing to change? That's easy. Get an external mouse. It can be wired or wireless. My preference is for wireless because I have a very small desk. The touchpad is only good for emergency use. I actually disable it so that I wouldn't accidentally click something with it.

Aree Wongwanlee, Oct 5, 2016
Ask a Question