Do you think Windows 10 will be the last Windows ever?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Sefie, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Sefie

Sefie

I was reading a very interesting article the other day, it was full of great points that did make sense, it was talking about the reasons why the author thought Windows 10 would be the last version of Windows ever! If you want you can check the article here: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/windows-10-last-version-windows-ever/

I still have a hard time believing this could be the last Windows ever! What about you? I guess time will tell. We will surely know sooner or later. Just read the short article before commenting on here and let me know what you think :)

Sefie, Jul 2, 2015
  2. Sefie

something back

Some computing operating systems will eventually has to change the way
    they operate.

Now I'm a little rusty on the subject, so bear with me, I have not disgust this subject
    for well over 20 years.

The maximum bytes most computers systems run are in blocks of 350bytes, or 350kb ?.
    This limit was devised in the 70s/ early 80s when computers were little more effective
    than a modern calculator.

This maximum has been fixed to low for modern computing power potential.

Computers should be running faster if we had changed the formula.

If a new operating system were to use a new maximum limit, then any new maximum
    limit would not be compatible with the standard operating systems running today.

It's this that holding us back.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
    something back, Jul 2, 2015
  3. Sefie

Sefie

That is so interesting! I guess you are right, we could be having computers that are way faster! Gosh, just to imagine could run most of those games that have some really high requirements really fast makes me get goosebumps. Do you think this will ever happen? It has to, right?

Sefie, Jul 8, 2015
  4. Sefie

danielle davidson

That's hard to picture when you think about it. Most of the time I think that things like this could be fake because why would they want to just stop making them? It just doesn't make sense. But that would be nice to not have to keep updating my laptop. My last laptop had Windows 7 on it and I loved it. I miss it, but it's too bad that I will never be able to get that back. It seems like when I finally get used to the updates they make with these laptops, they come out with a new one.

danielle davidson, Jul 14, 2015
  5. Sefie

Sefie

It does make sense if you read the article :p But I highly doubt this will be the last Windows ever, or maybe it will be, after all MS is having a hard time with all those users getting updates for older OS. At least that is what they have said, and that is the main reason they say they are offering a free copy to Windows 7/8/8.1 users. But who knows, maybe they have other motives.

Sefie, Jul 14, 2015
  6. Sefie

IcyBC

Na, I don't think so! Window 10 is just another new one as there will be Window 11 or whatever they might call it. If Window 10 is the last ever, then Microsoft must be dying or dead. They are not going to go under like that. Things are constantly changing, and if they don't keep up with updates, they are surely as dead as a door knob.

IcyBC, Jul 17, 2015
  7. Sefie

Sefie

Those who read the article know the guy made some really good points, and if you come to think about it... Microsoft is spending a lot money thanks to those older versions, mostly because of the update downloads and so on. To be honest I'm not sure what to think right now. It seems they have developed a whole new system and are doing things they never did before, like for example offering a free copy of Windows 10 to Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 users. They just don't want to lose more money.

Sefie, Jul 18, 2015
  8. Sefie

ProNine

I don't really think this will be the last update. There will always be new systems released and after a few years, even W10 won't cut it. Plus, when a bug shows up, pushing a simple update can't be done in the background, it will have to take up the whole device. In this case, why not just make a new update?

ProNine, Jul 24, 2015
  9. Sefie

Sefie

The person who wrote this never meant Windows 10 would literally be the last thing we'd hear from Microsoft, he simply mean no more new operative systems would come after this one, since they are trying to save more money, that is why they are asking Win 7 and win 8 and 8.1 users to get a free copy of win 10. Must be hard to keep those servers up with so many people downloading updates for those old operative systems.

Sefie, Jul 26, 2015
Ask a Question