Can you take a screenshot from your android?

Discussion in 'Android' started by Mizzperdue, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Mizzperdue

Mizzperdue

I was wandering are you able to take screenshots from your android device? I heard that you could.

Mizzperdue, Mar 17, 2014
  2. Mizzperdue

gadgetised

Most devices require you to hold the lock button and the volume down button at the same time to take a screenshot.

gadgetised, Apr 1, 2014
  3. Mizzperdue

NeroFerk

If you have a phone that has a home button and a power button that worked for me and my android.

NeroFerk, Apr 4, 2014
  4. Mizzperdue

babyleans

yes you can. usually you hold down the power button and the home button aqnd in some devices i think its the lower volume button and the home button. try to see which one works for you.

babyleans, Apr 14, 2014
  5. Mizzperdue

Oogles

You need to hold the home button until the icons come up then press back then the lock button. That would allow you to take a screenshot on an android device.

Oogles, May 15, 2014
  6. Mizzperdue

acer93

Google your device name and "screenshot", most of the time it's a little bit slow-reacting but yes, you can.

acer93, Mar 20, 2016
  7. Mizzperdue

Personablue

yes, every android phone is able to take screenshots. Just google your model and you will get the solution. It is is usually located on the menu bar where all the wifi, bluetooth icons are located

Personablue, Mar 20, 2016
  8. Mizzperdue

Sefie

You need to search online, but basically you need to press one of those buttons on the sides. It's very tricky, but I guess it varies from model to model and from brand to brand, etc.

Sefie, Mar 20, 2016
  9. Mizzperdue

KLK3

Depending on the model of phone you have you can go into your settings and change how you want to screen shot. I have a Galaxy S5. I changed my setting to swiping my hand across the screen to screen shot. I sometimes only have one hand to use so this works well in those situations.

KLK3, May 27, 2016
  10. Mizzperdue

lisasian86

I actually don't know, I've never tried. Although I don't think I can on my phone.

lisasian86, Jun 1, 2016
  11. Mizzperdue

acheno84

For the longest time, I had a screenshot app that I downloaded until I actually looked at the manual (imagine that) and found all sorts of cool shortcuts and even a built in screenshot app. You can always google your device to see what tips and tricks are out there for you. I have the Galaxy Grand Prime and holding down my home and power button does the trick for me.

acheno84, Jun 3, 2016
  12. Mizzperdue

IBMPC8088

Yeah, you can use the hardware based keyset (lock+volume ctrl) or other assignment based on the model, or an app. The apps give a little more flexibility, and can be set to use timers or do screenshots at intervals or when a certain program is running, but the tradeoff is that they'll use a little space on the device to do that. Best to store it all on your SDcard if given the option rather than the device's storage.

IBMPC8088, Jul 2, 2016
  13. Mizzperdue

bangtanboys

Certainly, it just depends on what phone you have. On my old HTC I had to simultaneously press the home and power button, but on my current Nexus 6P it's the down volume + power.

bangtanboys, Jul 28, 2016
  14. Mizzperdue

Corzhens

Last month I was using my Samsung smart phone when a screenshot came to my head. I searched for the key on how to get a screenshot but it seemed that I had a mental block. It's really ironic because I had to consult our housemaid. I used to see her post in Facebook with a screenshot. Well, the trick is to press the home key and the power button at the same time. Success.

Corzhens, Jul 28, 2016
  15. Mizzperdue

brdwlk

Certainly, I have the HTC M9 and all you have to do is the Home and the Power buttons at the same time. You'll hear the camera shutter sound effect, and the picture will show up in your notification window for you to do with it as you please!

brdwlk, Aug 21, 2016
Ask a Question