Booting Ron's TinyXP AAO-110 version from USB thumbdrive

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by jhedrotten, Nov 15, 2008.

1. jhedrotten

jhedrotten

Ron[nl] has done a great job of creating a custom version of TinyXP that have worked perfectly with the AAO-110. It could be found here: http://aspireonesoftware.wordpress.com/ ... ons-image/

It is very easy to install and works perfectly well, meaning all hardware works.

My question is, could somebody try if it is possible to have this installed in a USB flash drive and boot from it using F12 in the splash screen? I want to have Linpus Lite on the SSD and then install this on my USB, i have tried this on my AAO and works great, was just thinking if it is possible to make it work via USB.

jhedrotten, Nov 15, 2008
  2. jhedrotten

cachorropedorro

The guide he has there is to do it via usb. When you download it, it gives directions on how to install it via usb. It works fantastic with the exception of some weird settings in Mozilla Firefox.

cachorropedorro, Nov 15, 2008
  3. jhedrotten

jhedrotten

well yeah, i know that.

the guide is written to be used with a usb drive.

what i am asking is if it is possible to write the image at a usb drive rather than on the SSD and then boot tinyxp from that usb drive. get it? :D

jhedrotten, Nov 15, 2008
Ask a Question