Anyone Have One of Those Decorative HPs From a Few Years Back?

Discussion in 'HP / Compaq' started by LindaKay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. LindaKay

LindaKay

I have a lovely HP computer that came from Walmart. It's a laptop that's white with purple flowers and such all over it. It's such a gorgeous laptop. Unfortunately, the screen is cracked on it. I'm debating on getting it fixed but might just replace it instead -- it is five years old.

Does anyone else have a laptop like this?

LindaKay, Jan 16, 2014
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  2. LindaKay

Brian8gbSSDLinux

Sorry Linda, no suitable computer... but...

Replacement Screens are quite cheap and on some of the websites they even give details of how to replace the screen...

eg...
    http://www.laptopscreensreplacement.co.uk/2011/07/samsung-np-n110-n120-n130-n140-n145.html

If you do not feel you have the skills to do this type of repair, see if your local computer shop will do it for you... ask for a quote... it will probably be much cheaper in the long run, than getting another laptop like yours which might NOT be 'perfect'.

Brian8gbSSDLinux, Jan 19, 2014
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  3. LindaKay

Sefie

Linda, I had a similar issue with a laptop I bought back in 2008. 2 out of 3 USB ports were completely broken! The repair was way too expensive, practically half of what it'd cost me to buy a new one. So guess what I did? I bought a new one! This is a different situation tho...

Replacing your screen could be very cheap, but do you really want to invest on such an old laptop?

Sefie, Jan 20, 2014
  4. LindaKay

LindaKay

Yeah, I am definitely thinking about replacing it. It is an older computer, and it's a bit sluggish and slow. I think I would be better off just buying another one. The only thing is is that I can't find another one that I like as much!! :(

LindaKay, Jan 23, 2014
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  5. LindaKay

Brian8gbSSDLinux

Brian8gbSSDLinux, Jan 23, 2014
    Novelangel and IBMPC8088 like this.
  6. LindaKay

thess

I had that laptop a couple of years ago and I loved it. It was very girly and a good little size. But I dropped it and the screen shattered. So I never used it again. Now I just have a regular black HP.

thess, Nov 4, 2015
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  7. LindaKay

IcyBC

I had a similar laptop and also bought it from Walmart. It was only two years old when it stops functioning. Mine was pretty too with butterflies all over the front cover, and on both sides of my touch pad. I like it very much, but didn't think it would die so fast.

IcyBC, Dec 24, 2015
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  8. LindaKay

jamesbonner

I have the same problem bro, my HP 625 got the screen cracked, I was lucky and I found a screen of the same pc, I replaced it for about 80$ only and now i'm using it without problems :)

jamesbonner, Dec 30, 2015
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  9. LindaKay

IBMPC8088

I have an HP 2000 that just needs a system fan and a battery that I'm selling for parts to put toward stuff I need for another system or to pay a small bill (either/or). Not sure what the specs are of your system, or whether you'd use the more manly screen (it's a normal gloss laptop screen lol).

I've had it for about 2 years and mostly just for typing on between using the others for dedicated things. It has 6GB of ram in it and I upgraded the hard drive to 750GB from the 500gb drive it had on it. It can be upgraded more up to 8gb of RAM, but I have so many projects and things going on that I will likely never get around to upgrading those final 2gb to max it out or take it apart again to clean out or replace the fan on it or redo the keyboard. (I do these things for customers and other people but I never have time to do this for myself, even between writing lol). All the keys on it work, it's just annoying because they sometimes are harder to press than they used to be. It's probably just fine for most people, but I'm picky when it comes to my keyboards. The touchpad and buttons on it are great still (better than the one I use daily and prefer to type on). could part with it for $180 even though systems with those specs go for $450 to $500 on average still.

So if it will help you with your system, or if you know of anyone who needs or wants this for parts or to fix those 2 little things to have a great modern system, here's the specs for it:

HP 2000-2d80nr specs from Amazon

If you just want to fix the screen on yours (flowers and all lol), you can usually get replacement screens either on ebay or amazon, but you can also find them on newegg and from pricing search engines that provide an on-ramp to most of the major computer wholesale and parts providers like Pricewatch

There are a ton of providers on there for you to choose from. Two of the ones that have always been good to me for years with replacement parts were 3btech for smaller laptop parts and ascendtek for desktop components.

Try to find the exact model of the system you have Linda, and then see if you can find the specs for it.

Based on what you discover, everyone here should be able to help you in finding a comparable system with the same features (flowers not included, but maybe ;) )

IBMPC8088, Mar 3, 2016
  10. LindaKay

Novelangel

You beat me to it, but I was going to suggest this very same thing! ;) Customization can be a lot of fun, and you can even design and print your own stickers if you get certain software and sticker paper with the peel-off backing. I used to have some of that paper and I did make a few things of my own way back when. I have never customized my laptop, however, but it might be fun to get back into that again.

Novelangel, May 17, 2016
  11. LindaKay

rz3300

I actually have a friend who has one, and he does not use it anymore but it is still a nice throwback. It kind of makes you think to how the market is changing, where the whole personal appearance thing switched to personalization in different ways. I am pretty sure that a market campaign like that would not be as successful as it might have been back then, but it is interesting to think about nonetheless. I might ask him what he plans on doing with that...maybe it belongs in a museum somewhere.

rz3300, May 22, 2016
Ask a Question