AAOne stuck in hibernation

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by schelling30, Aug 7, 2009.

1. schelling30

schelling30

Hello,

I hope someone can help me out with this problem. I have put my laptop in hibernating mode (this was done by pushing the power-button, this setting was made by me in powermanagement).
    Now I have been trying to get my laptop out of hibernation without any succes.
    After reading various messages and advice on this matter I have tried the following:

After pressing the powerbutton, laptop starts (powerLED turns on, fan make a low-rev noise, other LED's all stay off, screen stays black, no cursor, nothing) then nothing happens

- press fn with various keys (F4, brightness adjustkeys)
    - take out battery for a longer period of time, connecting battery again and try to start --> no succes
    - take out battery, connect to AC, try to start --> no succes
    - push the power button and hold for more than 5/10/15 seconds. Laptop switches off. Try to start --> no succes
    - start laptop on batterypower...let it stay "on" (e.g. only powerLED is on, al the other leds, including wifi/lan, stay off) till battery is "drained". Take battery out, reconnect AC, try to star --> no succes
    - connected the laptop to a CRT monitor to see if anything showed up...no luck.

I am stuck here. Really no clue what else to try accept take the laptop to a repairshop or smash it against the wall, while switched on, hoping it will "reboot" :)

Thanks in advance for your time.

greets,

Schelling

schelling30, Aug 7, 2009
  2. schelling30

schelling30

For anyone who's interested and for feature reference.

update:

I'm one happy puppy; just was able to fix this problem!
    After reading some more on this forum I bumped into this post
    http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=903
    I went to acerpanam.com and ended up on this page http://netbooks-us.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/66/p/1,10,19/c/30/r_id/166
    This is what they tell you to do:

Updating the BIOS will require a USB flash drive to store the BIOS information on during the update. To perform the update to the BIOS:

1. Go here and download and extract the latest BIOS for the netbook.
    2. Rename the BIOS file from 3310.fd to zg5ia32.fd.
    3. Copy zg5ia32.fd and Flashit.exe to USB flash drive
    4. Ensure that the AC adapter is plugged in.
    5. Insert the USB flash drive into a USB port.
    6. Press and Hold down the Fn and the Esc keys together and press the power button.
    7. When the unit's power light comes on wait a few seconds and release the Fn and Esc keys.
    8. After the keys have been released the power light will start to blink.
    9. During the BIOS update process the display will be blank.
    10. Let the unit run and after approximately 1 to 7 minutes, the unit should reboot and the BIOS will be updated.

If the unit fails to reboot, or the BIOS was not updated sucessfully, try the steps again.

And this worked...my aspire one rebooted finally and is working again. Lesson learned...no hibernating for me ever!

greets,
    Schelling.

schelling30, Aug 8, 2009
  3. schelling30

scuba_suit

i went to the link you got for acer tech support (i am going through the SAME issue with my A1), this is for the ZG5 right? i noticed that when you renamet the BIOS file it has "zg5" in it, you also said that to copy Flashit.exe, i dl'ed the zip file and when i opened it i has "FlashTester.exe", is it the same thing? i noticed on the tech support site that it didn't list ZG5, so i clicked on all the models of netbooks to find "3310" driver, let me know if i'm going the right way....

scuba_suit, Aug 19, 2009
Ask a Question