zif connector to ide or sata?!?!?

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by adamj623, Jun 7, 2009.

1. adamj623

adamj623

hello,
    I have a One with the 8gb ssd and xp and its getting quite annoying to have only a limited amount of space on the drive.
    So i was planning a MAJOR upgrade by switching out the bottom case to the thicker version that can accommodate a 2.5 inch IDE or SATA drive. I didn't want a 1.8 inch drive because I figured for about the same price as an 80gb 1.8 inch pata, i could modify my one to fit a faster 2.5 inch drive with more storage.

here's my problem: I need and adapter to go from the zif connecter to an IDE or SATA connector. so far all i have been able to find are adapter that are designed to from IDE or SATE to a zif hd connector instead of zif to IDE or SATA. meaning that the adapters I see, the IDE or SATA ends are meant to plug into to mother board side. I hope you understand what I'm saying

I really want to do this upgrade unless you guys can give me better reason to just go for the 1.8 inch drive.

thanks

adam

adamj623, Jun 7, 2009
  2. adamj623

melhiore

Adapater will not fit with 2.5" HDD unfortunately - there is not enough room for this unit...

You can do SATA mod described here: http://aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=637 This mod will give you what you want plus you can stay with the same enclosure w/o changing it to bigger one...

melhiore, Jun 7, 2009
  3. adamj623

adamj623

Wow that looks great. It answered every question I had concerning this topic.

Thanks a lot!

adamj623, Jun 11, 2009
Ask a Question