ZG5 - XP Touchpad Problem

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by tigerpilot, Jun 28, 2010.

1. tigerpilot

tigerpilot

Hi: Need some help. The touch pad on my ZG5 with XP seems O.K. except that I cannot "Tap" to complete a step. I have to use the left click to get that done. Of course when using an external mouse the problem is solved but I sure would like the tap function to work. Any ideas of what I might have done or a solution will be appreciated.
    Thanks, Don

tigerpilot, Jun 28, 2010
  2. tigerpilot

Swarvey Moderator

Go to your control panel then Mouse. You can turn on "Tap to Click" in there.

Swarvey, Jun 29, 2010
  3. tigerpilot

tigerpilot

THANKS!!!!!!! That did it.
    Now if someone like you can help with the following I would be all set.

Can't Connect ZG5 - XP

ZG5 - XP I can't connect via WiFi or direct connection. On wireless the connection strength is really strong and wired I get a normal connection message, When I try to go to Firefox I get "The Connection Was Reset While The Page Was Loading. In device manager there are NO errors in either Network Adapters. The Wireless says Atheros AR5007EG and the driver version is 7.7.0.267. The antivirus updates, and programs on the desktop that need to access the internet seem to be working fine, just can't connect with Internet Explorer or Firefox. I certainly must have changed something.
    I will surely appreciate any help.

tigerpilot, Jun 29, 2010
  4. tigerpilot

Forone

The driver has been updated several times since your version: latest available from Windows Update is 7.7.0.523 It is shown as an "optional" hardware update at the Microsoft Update site, you have to choose to install it, does not show up via the XP desktop update pop up. The other important fix is to disable "power saving" (from max to off) in the advanced section of the Atheros settings in Device Manager. That should do it for the LAN connection.

Given a good wi-fi or an ethernet connection, the question of internet connectivity could be an ISP or router problem, or as simple as some browser setting. You might do better with tech support from your ISP, mine talked me through similar problems in the past.

Forone, Jun 29, 2010
  5. tigerpilot

tigerpilot

NO Internet Explorer or Firefox. No problems with ANY of the other computers in the system. Cannot connect at any of the Wi-Fi sites in my city.

tigerpilot, Jun 29, 2010
  6. tigerpilot

Swarvey Moderator

If you're running Windows XP, try this:

Click Start -> Run

clear the contents of the box and type in "INETWIZ" without the " marks, press enter.

This starts the internet setup wizard, follow the prompts to tell it you're connecting with a Local Area Network, and tell it to auto-discover any other settings. Finish the wizard and IE / Firefox should now work fine.

Swarvey, Jul 2, 2010
  7. tigerpilot

tigerpilot

Another small problem. I can't see the "run" feature. It's below the screen.
    Don

tigerpilot, Jul 2, 2010
  8. tigerpilot

Swarvey Moderator

the "Run" feature can be hidden from the start menu. To access it, try the combination of the Windows Key and "R"

P.S you might want to close all other programs while you run the wizard, just to make things easier, that and IE / Firefox will need to be restarted to activate the new settings.

Swarvey, Jul 2, 2010
  9. tigerpilot

tigerpilot

Well.....Thanks Again !!

tigerpilot, Jul 3, 2010
  10. tigerpilot

Swarvey Moderator

Guessing it worked then? lols :D

Swarvey, Jul 3, 2010
Ask a Question