ZG5 replacement display question

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by jopaspireone, Apr 7, 2010.

1. jopaspireone

jopaspireone

Hi all,

Just bought an Aspire One ZG5 with a cracked screen last weekend. Within a day I lucked into finding a dirt cheap new screen at a local repair shop and installed it. Everything works great... but the replacement screen is made in such a way as to have a "checkered" background appearance that's especially noticeable when viewed at an angle.

Anyone know what I'm referring to? I'm just wondering if Aspire One OEM screens also have this appearance? The screen was only $40 new... so I doubt it's of the highest quality.

Thanks,
    TR

jopaspireone, Apr 7, 2010
  2. jopaspireone

Jimux

There is no such problem on my netbook running the display at 1024 x 600 @ 60.
    You need to determine if the problem is the physical screen or the display adapter.
    Does the external vga show a similar effect on an external monitor?

Jimux, Apr 7, 2010
  3. jopaspireone

Swarvey Moderator

The screen on my D250 is Acer OEM Original... no problems here.

Although I did have almost the exact same problem with a replacement screen in a mobile phone once, as it turns out, the screen was shipped with an un-noticable screen protector attached. I installed it, was discusted with the picture, nearly left negative ebay feedback for the seller, then realised there was a removeable protector on it for shipping... Check to make sure there isn't one on yours.

Swarvey, Apr 7, 2010
Ask a Question