Youtube no video, sound only

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Tony Dang, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Tony Dang

Tony Dang

My laptop is dell inspiron 17 series 5000. When I watch Youtube videos on Microsoft Edge, Explorer and Chrome, I can only hear sound, but no images. The video looks black. However, on browser Firefox the videos and sounds are fine. Also, sometimes, when I move mouse pointer to bookmark bar, the screen becomes dark for a while.

I tried to do many ways like disable adblocker, disable hardware acceleration, javascript enable, sign out and in youtube, disable extensions, clear browsing data, and reinstall the browsers, but none worked. Now I use Firefox only. Please help. Thanks.

Tony Dang, Mar 21, 2021
  2. Tony Dang

gray1

It is probably a problem with HTML5 or Flash. If the video on Youtube is in Flash, Edge may not play it. I think everything is HTML5 now because of the security risk of Flash. I would do a search on The VOICE and check one of their latest video uploads just to see if it will play. Good luck

gray1, Mar 21, 2021
  3. Tony Dang

Tony Dang

Thanks. Hope to get good news from you. They happen with all video clips, movies, not only youtube.

Tony Dang, Mar 21, 2021
  4. Tony Dang

gray1

What program are you using to play the videos and movies? Maybe some of the codexes are missing. I use VLC media player.

gray1, Mar 22, 2021
  5. Tony Dang

Tony Dang

I do with all program as youtube, netflix, media clip video on newspapers,... all are the same.

Tony Dang, Mar 26, 2021
Ask a Question