yay i like my a110 again..after swapping ssd

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by atarione, Apr 28, 2010.

1. atarione

atarione

so the orig intel SSD in my A110 died (after about 19~ish months)

i grudingly used it with a 4GB memory stick running UNR for a couple weeks pondering a new netbook or fix this one

i finally decided to fix this one and ordered a Supertalent 16GB ssd from ebay as well a a 1GB memory module and a 6cell batt

the total for all 3 items was under a hundred bucks

I did have to delay my installation for a day when i figured out my screwdrivers where not well suited to disassembling my AAO however a quick trip to radioshack and a $8 precision screwdriver set sorted that out. Thanks to these boards and some other nice guides online i took the A110 apart in about 20 minutes installed my new ram and ssd and reassembled in about another 20. I breathed a huge sigh of relief when my little AAO booted perfectly (mem + ssd recognized) first try

installed win 7 pro (i have technet sub) and man this thing is sweet super responsive vs before with the intel SSD and only 512mb running UNR before.

My only regret is that i didn't do this sooner :D

i installed the flash 10.1 beta and fullscreen / hulu desktop flash is totally good enough for me seemd pretty smooth (standard quality) but on the little 9in screen not that big a deal to me really.

I think i like this thing more now just cause i fixed it and cause i've taken it apart and put it back together :D

atarione, Apr 28, 2010
  2. atarione

Sudsmcduff96

Size of SSD?

Hello, what size of SSD did you purchase from eBay?

Sudsmcduff96, May 10, 2010
  3. atarione

atarione

i order the 16GB Supertalent 1.3 ssd from ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 602_263622

nice and simple drop in replacement hopefully it will prove to run longer than the POS intel one that came with my AAO... it is certainly WAAAAAY faster to be sure... in retrospect I kinda wish i'd gotten the 32GB supertalent one but meh

atarione, May 11, 2010
Ask a Question