Yahoo REVELATION !!!

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by something back, Oct 5, 2016.

1. something back

something back

something back, Oct 5, 2016
  2. something back

Ian Administrator

Very interesting to see the number of companies that didn't comply - I have to admit I expected them to rollover!

Ian, Oct 5, 2016
  3. something back

elPaulio Moderator

Hmm...didn't comply or just didn't admit it to a journalist?! I know which my money is on!;)

I love these articles, not so much for the content but for the comments that they attract, has certainly made my day a bit more enjoyable.

On a serious note though, I am surprised at how many people find this to be big news. Surely anyone knows that in this day and age "Big Brother is Watching!" is considerably more apt than ever before and will only get more apt as time and technology moves on.

Never mind, as they say if you've got nothing to hide who really cares who reads your emails?!?!.......:eek:o_O:oops::rolleyes:

elPaulio, Oct 6, 2016
    Ian likes this.
  4. something back

Ian Administrator

Oh, I'm sure you're very right, I just didn't even expect many of them to be able to hide that fact! I know that some sites have taken to issuing "canary" statements to bypass some of these problems.

I've got no doubt that most (all?) of what we do online is logged somewhere, and probably has been for a very long time. No wonder hard drive storage is getting so cheap these days ;).

Ian, Oct 7, 2016
  5. something back

something back

This will prove to be the problem for those who require privacy.

Most countries that store it's own populations movements will provide very serious problems
    should they ever be invaded by war.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2016
    something back, Oct 7, 2016
    Ian likes this.
  6. something back

Corzhens

Is this related to the news that 500 accounts of Yahoo are now susceptible to hacking because the main database was hacked? This kind of news makes life in the internet more exciting because the users like us are provided awareness that you are like living in your home where a break-in can occur anytime if you are not practicing security measures against illegal entry of thieves.

Corzhens, Oct 9, 2016
Ask a Question