Yahoo messenger

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by ramado72, Aug 22, 2008.

1. ramado72

ramado72

hi guys. just bought my acer aspire one yesterday and i'm having a problem running YM using voice chat, the option actually is greyed out however, i never encountered any problem with regards to the video option. any of you guys noticed this? i'm still using the built-in linpus OS so its still a learning process for me since i've been a windows user all these time. any feedbacks will be appreciated.

ramado72, Aug 22, 2008
  2. ramado72

partymonkey

I have the same problem with the Acer Messenger application in Linpus and Yahoo Messenger contacts. Audio is greyed out for Yahoo messenger even though the camera works fine. But I can use video/audio just fine when connecting to Windows Live messenger and when using Skype.

Any ideas?

partymonkey, Sep 9, 2008
  3. ramado72

leevans

Not all functions are supported for Yahoo and google. See the messenger faq page 47 and 48 of the application manual.

leevans, Sep 18, 2008
  4. ramado72

mailman1175

So, I've posted this in another topic, but we'll try here, too. I'm having problems with Yahoo Messenger -- can't log in. I looked through the owner's manual PDF, and found the limits on functionality referred to here, but I'm trying to figure out if there's some Acer or Linux support for Yahoo Messenger that can help me figure this deal out.

mailman1175, Oct 16, 2008
Ask a Question