Yahoo mail recent activity question

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by Krissttina Isobe, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe

:oops:Yahoo mail has gone through things and if you have yahoo email account we lived through it all haven't we. Now there is a page from account click called recent activity. I've noticed that there are different locations from my location. I went to yahoo help, but the answer didn't make sense for it said the server is different from where you are, but it's still you? Well I thought that where you are is the only location that you've logged in. On the same page of recent activity, why does it still have other logins that you have to manually end activity? I thought when you logout you've ended the login activity? Anyone knows about recent activity at yahoo mail and why recent activity page from account click is the way it is?:confused:

Krissttina Isobe, Jan 20, 2016
  2. Krissttina Isobe

IcyBC

I kept one Yahoo account as my secondary back up account for verification purpose, and recently received a notification that someone was trying to sign in. I quickly change my password! I don't use that account daily, and I have always disliked Yahoo mail because of spam mail I got even though I have never sign up for anything using that account.

I won't click on anything that I don't know, and this was my most recent activity and that someone was trying to sign in my account.

IcyBC, Jan 21, 2016
    Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  3. Krissttina Isobe

Sefie

Change your password asap, don't trust those idiots when they say it's you... if the location is actually out of the country is definitely not you, but if it's a city nearby then there is a chance it might be you. I know because that happened to me with Facebook. Also if they show the browser used you should also take not of that.

Sefie, Jan 21, 2016
    IcyBC and Krissttina Isobe like this.
  4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe

:oops:Have you checked your preferences, once there you can check the things you're interested in for emails. It saves a lot of time when you get to receive the things you're interested in or not. In the account information page you can check a lot of things for your security. I'll admit I don't know how to edit my profile in the new yahoo though:confused:-if you find out how to do this let me know-thanks in advance!:)

Krissttina Isobe, Jan 21, 2016
  5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe

:oops:Thanks! Now the question is how to tell yahoo so they can fix it. The area of recent activity in account info page is so terrible too for you just can't delete current session with different States at one time! Well there's got to be a way to let yahoo know to make changes and I'll find it for a safer email for us all!

Krissttina Isobe, Jan 21, 2016
    Sefie likes this.
  6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe

:oops:I just found yahoo customer service at facebook.com! Yahoo customer care,
    facebook.com/YahooCustomerCare/?fref=ts is the exact page url. We can bring our concerns here and get them resolved. On this page they say yahoo does not post any customer support phone numbers too, you got to see the page!

Krissttina Isobe, Jan 22, 2016
  7. Krissttina Isobe

IcyBC

So sorry I don't use Yahoo email account often and I only check in probably 5 times per year! The reason why I even have that email account was that I used to write articles for Yahoo.Voice! Now, that is dead, I might even delete that account. I just need to find time to see what websites I used that account as secondary verification account :)

IcyBC, Jan 23, 2016
  8. Krissttina Isobe

Sefie

Have you thought of switching to outlook.com? I could test it myself when I was out of the country, it was impossible fr me to access my mail account from a different country without proving the account was actually mine. So I can vouch for it being super safe :D You need to enter a valid mobile number so if there is any trouble you can retrieve your e-mail with your mobile. Google mail is also very safe too.

Sefie, Jan 23, 2016
  9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe

:)I do have both aol and gmail too. I got yahoo so long ago before they had all sorts of trouble. I'd like to work things out for a solution till the end. Thanks though!

Krissttina Isobe, Jan 25, 2016
  10. Krissttina Isobe

Sefie

I know what you mean :) But if you ever want to switch to something different, you can try outlook.com. I recon that one is safer than aol and gmail, plus the UI is quite sober. I used Yahoo for a while as well, back when the Yahoo! messenger was so popular, great times! Back then Yahoo! chat was also such an awesome place to meet and connect with cool people.

Sefie, Jan 25, 2016
  11. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe

*Those were the days! I like oulook too and got my important email there. Still will work with yahoo to see them through these trepidation that the hacker started. Those invaders will be caught and stopped and dismantled soon! Don't worry. I need to know what others feel about it and if they are going through the same as I am too. Nice to air frustrations.

Krissttina Isobe, Jan 25, 2016
Ask a Question