xubuntu on acer aspire one - usb problem / audio problems

Discussion in 'Linux' started by totokoko2, Nov 9, 2008.

1. totokoko2

totokoko2

hello everybody,
    I installed xubuntu on my acer aspire one via bootable usb stick i prepared.
    everything seems working fine, I also installed VLC and SKYPE (integrated webcam is working).
    I still have problems with USB devices (like usb pens, usb HD) that can't be mounted, even if with command lsusb the pc recognize them, and so I can't use USB devices.
    Another problem is that there is no audio (volume and alsamixer seems to be working) but no in/out sound (so skype doesn't fully work for calling).
    does anybody can help me with this. I'm not an expert od linux.
    thank you

totokoko2, Nov 9, 2008
  2. totokoko2

blackest_knight

take a look at the audio section on
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AspireOne

The audio chipset is very new so you may need version 1.0.18 and edit the config files given in the audio section.
    alsamixer typed in a terminal should allow you to turn up the volume controls i think everything is muted by default.

usb issue
    maybe try sudo nano /etc/fstab if there is a cdrom drive there try putting # at the beginning of that line save and reboot see if it works after that.

blackest_knight, Nov 14, 2008
Ask a Question