XP AAO ... clone?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by nicolo, Oct 13, 2008.

1. nicolo

nicolo

I have an XP version ( 120gb hard drive, etc. ) of the AAO. I have it nicely setup for my use ( favorite apps, etc. ) but will be giving it to
    my daughter and will be using an AAO that I just ordered ( same h/w of my current one, different color ... I'm so petty :oops: ).

Now I have backed up my C: drive with Acronis True Image and would like to restore this backup to the new AAO when it arrives. Will this be a problem, serial #-wise? Will Windows know that this serial # is already used on the original AAO and cause me any grief?

Just wondering, thanks in advance for the comments.

nicolo, Oct 13, 2008
  2. nicolo

RGGG

You shouldn't have an issue. I've used the same legit copy of xp and serial key to install....9 different times on 6 different machines without issue, so i shouldn't see why there would be any issue

Ryan

RGGG, Oct 13, 2008
  3. nicolo

rory

xp wga isnt that intelligent
    i thought vista wga found this out, but i used the prouct key from my dell inspiron 530 which i just got to istall vista on my aao and both activated fine
    Rory

rory, Oct 14, 2008
  4. nicolo

nicolo

I received my black AAO yesterday and restored the Acronis TrueImage backup from my blue AAO to my new black AAO, no problems. A nice surprise ... the black AAO came with 144 gb of disk, not 120 gb ( ordered from Walmart ).

nicolo, Oct 16, 2008
  5. nicolo

rory

so thats a formatted 160GB
    lucky for you.
    I really want a hdd one, so I cn upgrade it to 500gb and not worry about storage or anything.
    I'm even considering other netbooks, because I wouldnt mind 4gb ram and 500gb hdd (from my research the old eee's could have 4gb and the new ones cant :s)

rory, Oct 19, 2008
  6. nicolo

goofball

Which old EE's? The ones that used Celeron M?

goofball, Oct 19, 2008
Ask a Question