XFCE Settings Manager Window is too big!

Discussion in 'Linux' started by postcardged, Dec 9, 2008.

1. postcardged

postcardged

Apologies in advance for asking what may seem like dumb questions...
    Of course I expect many windows will open "too big" but this is my first attempt.
    By too big I mean I can see the top three icons with names underneath, and the next three, and the next three.
    But the next three icons, starting with sound, well i can't see the name sound, just the icon. I know it's the sound icon because it's obious plus when I double click it opens the sound window.
    I can't move the window to see what's below and I can't scroll down, there's no scroll bar.
    When I click on some of the icons in the Settings Manager Window, then the newly opened window is too big and I can't see if there's an Ok or Apply or Close button at the bottom.

I expect it will be an easy thing to change this for many of you. Looking forward to learning.

Cheers.

postcardged, Dec 9, 2008
  2. postcardged

rbil

It's a bit goofy alright. Haven't tried, but maybe holding down the ALT key you can drag the window around. The last row you see, is indeed the last row in that dialogue box.

Cheers.

rbil, Dec 9, 2008
  3. postcardged

Aspiration

alt key doesn't work.

Aspiration, Apr 1, 2009
  4. postcardged

solpuerto

Hi postcardged

Contrary to what is said in the post before this, the following is the Settings Manager screen re-positioned by using Alt and Left mouse key.
    Also if you click on the arrow in the bottom LH corner you can close the bottom bar. The arrow remains to allow you to re-instate the bar.
    It does seem daft that standard user screens will not fit the standard Acer screen, but hey I suppose thats what makes it all interesting.

Best wishes

[attachment=0:2dbags1z]Settings manager.png[/attachment:2dbags1z]

solpuerto, Apr 1, 2009
  5. postcardged

Aspiration

I was right about the alt key not working because no one said you had to use the left button too. :)
    Don't you just hate bad instructions? :twisted:

Aspiration, Apr 2, 2009
Ask a Question