xD card corrupted by AAO?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by melat0nin, Jan 20, 2009.

1. melat0nin

melat0nin

Hello all

I have an AAO and an xD card which I use with my Fujifilm Z5.

When I put the card into the AAO it doesn't always recognise it - sometimes nothing will happen and other times it will get detected. This is bad enough, except whenever I put it back in the camera, take some photos/movies, then put it back in the AAO, some of the content seems to be missing! Content also seems to be lost when I take the card out of the AAO and put it in the camera - the camera displays less stuff that it should. This is without taking any further photos or anything in the meantime.

At the moment the card isn't being recognised by the machine even tho it's in. In the past I have always properly ejected the card (in software) before physically removing it from the machine.

Anyone have any ideas? Is it possible to do a fsck on the card, or something similar, even when it doesn't appear to be mounted/detected?

Any help would be much appreciated. There are important things on the card. :) :cry:

melat0nin, Jan 20, 2009
  2. melat0nin

DiSK

That's strange. What OS are you using? In XP and Linpus, for me, my xD had no problem whatsoever.

DiSK, Jan 22, 2009
  3. melat0nin

melat0nin

OS is Linpus, standard installation.

Is it possible the card itself isn't quite right?

melat0nin, Jan 22, 2009
Ask a Question