Xbox 360 playing via VGA

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by markfletcher87, Apr 18, 2009.

1. markfletcher87

markfletcher87

I use the VGA connection on a monitor at home to play my Xbox 360, but I want to know if it's possible to hook it up to the AA1 to use it as a tiny monitor, since I don't have a TV at University. Any ideas on how to do this?

markfletcher87, Apr 18, 2009
  2. markfletcher87

adrusa

You will need to have a usb video capture card and use your svideo or composite input from the xbox 360. Simple solution really if you think about it. But why not buy a small monitor and use that instead?

adrusa, Apr 18, 2009
  3. markfletcher87

markfletcher87

I'd looked at a USB device like you suggested, to use with my 20" iMac, but it ended up being about £80+ - as a student I just can't afford that! Same goes for a monitor, they're all about the same price; I just hoped that there was some way to utilize the AA1's monitor, seeing as I don't have space for my desktop, laptop and a 23" TV / new monitor in my room.

markfletcher87, Apr 18, 2009
  4. markfletcher87

adrusa

I dont think there is any other way, but I'm not a geek anyway!

adrusa, Apr 18, 2009
  5. markfletcher87

mnimud

If you're looking for a usb capture device on the cheap try something like the EasyCap usb device, I think it will work for what you're trying to do. Here's a link from amazon and they are all over ebay. Some people had trouble getting it to work while many seemed to get it going without a problem so you be the judge. For the price I think it's worth a shot and if you mess with it I don't see why you couldn't get it going.

http://www.amazon.com/EasyCap-Capture-Adapter-Editor-Software/dp/B001BWU8US

mnimud, Apr 19, 2009
  6. markfletcher87

markfletcher87

Thanks, might have a look at that. I was considering an Elgato EyeTV, but the EasyCap looks like a much more affordable solution.

markfletcher87, Apr 20, 2009
Ask a Question