WTF IS D2D ????

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Rooster#1, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Rooster#1

Rooster#1

What IS d2d exactly ? I know its something to do with backups... but is it of any use to an XP intallation ?

Managed to get TinyXP (09?) onto my 150, and struggled with UK keyboard, but its there now ! In fact this is now a LOT faster than my desktop :oops:

Dont want to repeat the installation.... I sweated blood ! lol so is there an easy way to do a full OS backup, preferably onto a network drive ?

Thanks

PS, is the full XP (off pukka disk) going to be a LOT slower ? Ive heard tinyxp is unstable ?

Rooster#1, Jan 28, 2009
  2. Rooster#1

jackluo923

D2D is a abbrev. for disk to disk
    you can back up the whole OS by using tools which "clones" the partition.

jackluo923, Jan 28, 2009
  3. Rooster#1

jeremysdad

@ Rooster #1:

If your One has a Seagate HDD in it, you can go to their website, and download "Seagate DiscWizard", which is actually "Acronis True Image". True Image is a program that allows you to clone whole drives, single partitions, etc. It also allows you to make backup "images", as well. The total price for this $50 program, if you have a Seagate drive, is $0.00...

A caveat: If you do not have a Seagate HDD, do not waste the time to download it. I tried to install it on the GFs full size laptop, and it will not run if it does not detect a Seagate drive. Anyway, just an FYI...

To determine what drive you have, just copy the model number from Device Manager, and Google it. Good luck!

jeremysdad, Jan 28, 2009
  4. Rooster#1

Rooster#1

Its a western digital... never thought of manufacturers offererings ! I shall see what WD has.. thanks

Rooster#1, Jan 28, 2009
  5. Rooster#1

avio

Never had a problem with tiny XP being unstable.
    I use Acronis True Image on all my computers, never failed me yet.

avio, Feb 1, 2009
Ask a Question