WPA2 support?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by admiralspock, Nov 26, 2008.

1. admiralspock

admiralspock

Hi, I have read some things saying that WPA authentication does not work with the AA1. Is this true? This may be a deal-breaker, because my home network uses a WPA2 key vs WEP because it is more secure.

Thanks

admiralspock, Nov 26, 2008
  2. admiralspock

FehHkk

I have no problems using WPA2 under Vista. I have a Linksys DIR-655 that I used with my AAO, and no issues whatsoever. Make sure you have the latest WiFi drivers for the Atheros card.

FehHkk, Nov 26, 2008
  3. admiralspock

Forone

If the question is whether AA1 w-fi supports WPA2 (AES encryption) - yes. I changed from WPA-PSK to WPA2 on my router a couple of weeks ago and the AA1 picked up the connection with no changes to the adapter software and no change to performance. Note that the the Atheros wi-fi adapter (Win XP) was updated recently via Microsoft Windows Update - not sure about earlier versions. (A very good final word discussion of why WEP is no good, WPA-PSK is really not vulnerable yet, but WPA2 is gold standard, is available at the Security Now podcast from "This Week in Tech".)

Forone, Nov 26, 2008
  4. admiralspock

donec

The AAO does support WPA2 but the operating System you are running may not or may have problems or need a work a around.

donec, Nov 26, 2008
  5. admiralspock

admiralspock

I'm talking about the AA1 with Windows XP. I don't have one yet, I read a few threads about others having issues with WPA. I'm guessing that those issues were under the Linpus environment?

admiralspock, Nov 26, 2008
Ask a Question