WPA wireless encryption does not work

Discussion in 'Networking' started by alain_desilets, Jan 29, 2011.

1. alain_desilets

alain_desilets

I have 2wire wireless router and am trying to connect my Acer Aspire One laptop to it (it runs Windows XP, SP3).

I am able to connect to the router when it is configured for WEP encryption, but try as I and can't get it to work when I set the router to WPA-Open, TKIP encryption. As far as I can tell, I have configured the laptop correctly to use WPA-Open, TKIP with the same key as the router. Also, I am able to connect a DELL laptop running Windows 7, to the router in WPA mode.

When I try to connect the Acer to the WPA encrypted router, it says Acquiring network address, and gets stuck there forever.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thx.

alain_desilets, Jan 29, 2011
  2. alain_desilets

Forone

I've got that modem/router and same XP with no problems ever in picking up WPA2. Very odd that you can get WEP. I use a pass phrase login. If the modem is an ISP rental I'd suggest calling their support for a walk-through.

Forone, Feb 3, 2011
Ask a Question