Would you jump on the $149 for Dell Inspiron 11 deal?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by CasualGoofy, Apr 1, 2016.

1. CasualGoofy

CasualGoofy

I just noticed it! It's a today only promotion. Well it runs Window 10 - maybe that's the unappealing part (haha).

http://www.dell.com/us/p/clearance-deals

I'm sorry if the page updated or the deal disappeared. Just to clarify - I wasn't seeing things (though it's 3am right now).

But I have a 11" notebook (while not as quaint and new) already.

Question is, do you give into any rock bottom laptop/accessory deals though you don't need it?

CasualGoofy, Apr 1, 2016
  2. CasualGoofy

spence88

Unless I can buy and sell with a profit, I don't usually give in to this kind of deals.
    But holy moly, this clearance deal could be one of the few that I'll succumb with. It's just too good to miss.

spence88, Apr 1, 2016
  3. CasualGoofy

IcyBC

Yes, the deal for clearance and overstock is still there: http://www.dell.com/us/p/clearance-deals
    It is good for 24 hours, but I don't know how long it has been offered! I sure would succumb to this deal if I have some extra money sitting around. I can't believe it is below $200 for a laptop, and it looks really nice and thin!

IcyBC, Apr 1, 2016
  4. CasualGoofy

Sefie

I usually don't, specially now that I'll be on my own and I have more bills to pay D: So no, even if the deal is very good I won't accept it. I've a new rule now: only get what you need.

Sefie, Apr 1, 2016
    CasualGoofy likes this.
  5. CasualGoofy

SirJoe

It's not on sale anymore, but there is a notebook for $179, eben at that price it's cheap. It only has one problem you can't touch it
    Inspiron 11 3000 Series Non-Touch. :D

SirJoe, Apr 1, 2016
  6. CasualGoofy

CasualGoofy

Same thoughts here. And I don't have money just sitting around for me to shoot for possible profit.

This clearance page got some pretty affordable notebooks. Thought maybe someone might need the heads up. I was very tempted to, but I don't really need one. I need a new monitor actually. Not more notebooks.

CasualGoofy, Apr 2, 2016
  7. CasualGoofy

CasualGoofy

Exactly. Can't touch this.

It might be non-touch because it can't convert to a tablet. Still cheaper than what Aspire One netbooks used to be.

CasualGoofy, Apr 2, 2016
    SirJoe likes this.
  8. CasualGoofy

UpgradeMe

It's 2016 and I've never been like....man, wish I could touch my screen. Never. I am sure there is integration coming at higher rates, but I just don't care for a touch screen, lol.

UpgradeMe, Apr 2, 2016
  9. CasualGoofy

nytegeek

You remind me of the people that didn't see the potential of data over cellular networks.

nytegeek, Apr 2, 2016
  10. CasualGoofy

rz3300

The whole if you don't need it really seems to be the crux of the issue here. It really is a good deal, and if you can get a good computer for 150 dollars that is tough to pass up. I would be weary though, because I have always assumed that if it is too good to be true then it probably is, and that seems like it might be something like that. I would have to do some further research.

rz3300, Apr 2, 2016
  11. CasualGoofy

SirJoe

I have to buy a new camera so buying new laptop is out of the question, but I thinks it's worth while for light computing. If you just want to navigate the net or use word it's perfect.

SirJoe, Apr 2, 2016
  12. CasualGoofy

UpgradeMe

You remind me of people that add things to their lives that they don't need in order to fix a problem that they don't have for a novelty that they could have later in order to satisfy their contentedness which was disturbed by said novelty in the first place

UpgradeMe, Apr 2, 2016
  13. CasualGoofy

Fermin420

Man I wish I read this yesterday, how often do this offer happen? are they totaly random or is there any way to predict these promotions? I don't care for touch screen at all, this laptop would certainly come in handy.

Fermin420, Apr 2, 2016
  14. CasualGoofy

CasualGoofy

I just happened on it (hahaha). I was randomly looking at clearance/refurbished pages of them stores.

Then there's this one that is attractively priced
    http://www.expansys-usa.com/hp-stre...-n2840-dual-core-2-16ghz-2gb-32gb-ssd-283296/

CasualGoofy, Apr 3, 2016
  15. CasualGoofy

SirJoe

Wow this one is even cheaper, $129.99. It's won't be able to do a lot of things but if light computer work is your thing, it will get the job done.

SirJoe, Apr 4, 2016
Ask a Question