Wont work from mains

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by caoboth, Dec 21, 2008.

1. caoboth

caoboth

Hi Al

Apologies for first post is a request for some advice/help, however ive just upgraded my A150 to 1.5gig (job went sweet as a nut). However i noticed now that my A150 wont work/charge from mains so ive currently got 1.5 hours left on the battery before its cmpletely dead :(.

I cant see any issues with the upgrade of memory (ive used crucial memory so i wont get any incompatibilites using kingson 667 etc). That and im computer savvy (built all my own machines since a 486sx25. And built my own G4 mac from parts from ebay and shops in states etc. Ive left the power adaptor plugged in for a few hours to see on the off chance it would warm up (but im afraid it stays cool).

Apart from this the A150 is working perfectly from battery.

So has anyone had this issue or am i reduced to contacting acer to get a replacement power pack ?

Cheers

Andy

caoboth, Dec 21, 2008
  2. caoboth

dattaway

Static dishcarge puncture the power supply chips on the motherboard?

You could always charge the lithium ion batteries manually, 4.2 volts per cell...

dattaway, Dec 21, 2008
Ask a Question