Wont reconise Video Camera

Discussion in 'Acer' started by SiLea, Jul 7, 2011.

1. SiLea

SiLea

Hi,
    I have an Acer Aspire 5742Z with Windows 7. I've two video camers, Sony HVR HD 1000 and Panasonic NV-MX350 (both miniDV, sony also HD) and when I pulg them in Windows says the device can't be reconised.

I've used these camers for many years on an eMac through a Firewire with no problems using Plug And Play. This laptop unfortunatly doesn't have an iLink for the firewire, only USB sockets. There is also a HDMI input (which the sony cam has).

I have tried installing the old camera driver but I read that Windows 7 wouldn't need it as it would just be Plug and Play now. Also it just keeps poping up that the driver is too old to be installed.

At the mo I'm just running a cheap editing software (and tried checking through Skype) till I cam be sure that the cameras can be used and I buy a mini DV Avid programme.

I've been using Final Cut Pro HD at work for years but stumped when it comes to this!!

Just wondered if anyone has any clues to why the camers aren't being reconised????? Is it baceause I'm going in on a iLink to USB cable, the video going in throught the USB itself, should I try the HDMI link up or could it be a setting on Windows to change?????
    ..........Or is there anyway of adding a iLink/Firewire socket to this laptop......which doesn't look like it has anywhere to add extra ports.....??????
    Any help would be great!!!!
    Thanks!!

Si

SiLea, Jul 7, 2011
Ask a Question