Won't boot up - error messages PXE-61 PEX-M0F

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by morosco, Oct 19, 2008.

1. morosco

morosco

Seems like 7 out of 10 times my computer (Acer Aspire One Linux model LU.S020A.012) just won't boot up. I get a black screen with this message:

Intel UNDI. PXE-2.1 (build 002)
    Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation
    For Realtek RTL8101E/8102E PCI-E Ethernet Controller v1.09 (080602)
    PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
    PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM.
    No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key

Any thoughts?

morosco, Oct 19, 2008
  2. morosco

Duncan_Rowland

hmm I'm not exactly sure why this would be happening, but...
    PXE boot it a network boot, but by default your Aspire should be booting from its local (SSD) drive.
    Perhaps there is something wrong with your SSD drive and when that fails to boot it tries to boot from Network instead?
    You can disable PXE boot in the bios (press F2 while booting), but this will not fix the SSD if that's ultimately to blame.
    -Duncan.

Duncan_Rowland, Oct 20, 2008
  3. morosco

sgcheco

I just started with the same problem any fix??. it wont read out from the ssd.

I dat my aspire for 3 months and was working fine until now

sgcheco, Nov 6, 2008
  4. morosco

nmesisca

it happened to me once a few days ago and once again tonight.
    I think the delay the BIOS waits for the hard drive to be ready is too short, and the hard drive fails to be recognized. the system then tried to boot from the only other source possible, the LAN, hence the info on the LAN we see..
    At the moment I dont see this as a huge problem to be honest. It generally only requires a restart. A Ctrl+Alt+Del sometimes works too.
    If it is persistent though, it could also mean a hardware problem with the hard drive or the controller. If you have opened your AA1 you may want to carefully reopen it and double check the hard drive, or ssd, is well plugged in.
    In normal desktop mobos the BIOS allows you to change this delay, but the AA1 doesnt seem to. I think it could be a feasible thing to cook a modded firmware with this change on.

nmesisca, Nov 7, 2008
  5. morosco

sgcheco

I tried everthing, the SSD is dead, I open it and doesn't work, I guess now I will try tu buy a ZIF drive. I will post once I get it working

sgcheco, Nov 7, 2008
  6. morosco

sgcheco

The SSD was dead i got my AA1 working with the Linpus installed in a USB which is working great. I had using for over 3 months a without a problem, almos as fast as using th SSD.

sgcheco, Jan 30, 2009
Ask a Question